- IECSE Teachers
- ECE Teachers
- College Faculty
- In The News
- Forms/Guides to Support Itinerant Consultation Practices
Announcements"Guide to Itinerant ECSE Services" book published!
2801 W. Bancroft, MS-954, Toledo, Ohio firstname.lastname@example.org
- Professional Development Workshop: Charlevoix- Emmett Intermediate School District, Boyne City, MI August 23, 2011
- Consultation & Embedded Instruction - Related Services - SST Region 11: Columbus, OH April 16, 2010
- Professional Development Workshop: Shelby County, Alabama March 2010
- Professional Development Program-SST Region 11: Columbus, OH Oct. 30th & Nov. 20th
- Presentation-CEC-DEC-Annual Conference: Albuquerque, N.M. October 2009
- WSOS Professional Development Workshop: Bowling Green, Ohio Sept.3 2009
- Professional Development Workshop: Appleton WI, March 2009
- Professional Development Workshop: Shelby County, Alabama February 2009
- OCCRRA Conference Participants:Mohican State Park Conference March 2008
- Project DIRECT SNAPSHOT: What does the Consultation Model look like?
- HIGHLIGHTS: Project DIRECT Policy Brief approved
- Project DIRECT Training: Itinerant ECSE Training Modules
- EVENTS: September 5 & 6 Conference Presentations
The Ohio Department of Education, sponsor of Project DIRECT, has proposed the use of the consultation approach to intervention for the delivery of itinerant early childhood special education Itinerant ECSE in Ohio. This is in contrast to a “direct service model in which the primary function of the Itinerant ECSE teacher is to work directly with the child enrolled in community-based settings.
Within a consultative approach, the Itinerant ECSE teacher has been providing direct services to children who have IEPs, the Ohio Department of Education (ODE) advocates a shift to a consultative approach wherein the Itinerant ECSE teacher supports the implementation of the IEP through consultation with other adults such as early childhood teachers and parents.
You can access the ODE policy statement by going to the Ohio Department of Education website. Please visit this web site periodically so you can examine additions to site content, 'breaking news' about Itinerant ECSE services in Ohio and across the U.S., access email list serve programs, and review professional training options for Itinerant ECSE teachers within your region or across Ohio (including distance learning opportunities).
Please visit all or any pages within this web site.
Again, welcome to Project DIRECT!