- IECSE Teachers
- ECE Teachers
- College Faculty
- In The News
- Forms/Guides to Support Itinerant Consultation Practices
Announcements"Guide to Itinerant ECSE Services" book published!
2801 W. Bancroft, MS-954, Toledo, Ohio email@example.com
- Professional Development Workshop: Charlevoix- Emmett Intermediate School District, Boyne City, MI August 23, 2011
- Consultation & Embedded Instruction - Related Services - SST Region 11: Columbus, OH April 16, 2010
- Professional Development Workshop: Shelby County, Alabama March 2010
- Professional Development Program-SST Region 11: Columbus, OH Oct. 30th & Nov. 20th
- Presentation-CEC-DEC-Annual Conference: Albuquerque, N.M. October 2009
- WSOS Professional Development Workshop: Bowling Green, Ohio Sept.3 2009
- Professional Development Workshop: Appleton WI, March 2009
- Professional Development Workshop: Shelby County, Alabama February 2009
- OCCRRA Conference Participants:Mohican State Park Conference March 2008
- Project DIRECT SNAPSHOT: What does the Consultation Model look like?
- HIGHLIGHTS: Project DIRECT Policy Brief approved
- Project DIRECT Training: Itinerant ECSE Training Modules
- EVENTS: September 5 & 6 Conference Presentations
This web site contains materials that explain the purpose and benefits of itinerant early childhood special education services. This web site also will address the interests and concerns of parents of young children, ages 3-5 years, who have IEPs and who receive special instruction from a traveling or itinerant early childhood special education teacher, either in their home or in a community-based early childhood program such as a childcare center or a preschool. If you are not aware, the Ohio Department of Education, sponsor of Project DIRECT, has proposed that itinerant early childhood special education teachers across Ohio adopt a ‘consultation’ approach to teaching.
The consultation approach is described in this section of the web site and compared with the direct or one-to-one instruction model. The Ohio Department of Education policy statement is included in the web site materials. Please visit this site periodically so you can review additions to the site and feel free to visit any of these sections of the Project DIRECT web site.
Please visit all or any pages within this web site.
Again, welcome to Project DIRECT!