- IECSE Teachers
- ECE Teachers
- College Faculty
- In The News
- Forms/Guides to Support Itinerant Consultation Practices
Announcements"Guide to Itinerant ECSE Services" book published!
2801 W. Bancroft, MS-954, Toledo, Ohio email@example.com
- Professional Development Workshop: Charlevoix- Emmett Intermediate School District, Boyne City, MI August 23, 2011
- Consultation & Embedded Instruction - Related Services - SST Region 11: Columbus, OH April 16, 2010
- Professional Development Workshop: Shelby County, Alabama March 2010
- Professional Development Program-SST Region 11: Columbus, OH Oct. 30th & Nov. 20th
- Presentation-CEC-DEC-Annual Conference: Albuquerque, N.M. October 2009
- WSOS Professional Development Workshop: Bowling Green, Ohio Sept.3 2009
- Professional Development Workshop: Appleton WI, March 2009
- Professional Development Workshop: Shelby County, Alabama February 2009
- OCCRRA Conference Participants:Mohican State Park Conference March 2008
- Project DIRECT SNAPSHOT: What does the Consultation Model look like?
- HIGHLIGHTS: Project DIRECT Policy Brief approved
- Project DIRECT Training: Itinerant ECSE Training Modules
- EVENTS: September 5 & 6 Conference Presentations
Resources that can be found within this web site provide parents with information on consultation services versus the individual instruction usually provided to a child by an itinerant teacher. While the individual instruction method may be more familiar to most parents, leaders in the field of early childhood special education, including advocates for children, believe that a consultative approach provides more support to children. Other resources were selected from appropriate publications and the Internet. The Ohio Department of Education has proposed that itinerant early childhood special education teachers across Ohio adopt a "consultation" approach to teaching. The consultation approach is described in this section of the web site and compared with the direct or one-to-one instruction model. The Ohio Department of Education policy statement is included in the web site materials.
The following are links to resources pages to assist parents who are considering or currently accessing itinerant services in the State of Ohio:
- General Special Education Resources and Information
- Itinerant Teaching
- Least Restrictive Environments (LRE)
- General Resources for Parents
- Collaborating with Families
Please visit this site periodically so you can examine additions to site content, ‘breaking news’ re: Itinerant ECSE services in Ohio and across the U.S., access e-mail list serve programs, and review professional training options for Itinerant ECSE teachers within your region or across Ohio (including distance learning opportunities).