- IECSE Teachers
- ECE Teachers
- College Faculty
- In The News
- Forms/Guides to Support Itinerant Consultation Practices
Announcements"Guide to Itinerant ECSE Services" book published!
2801 W. Bancroft, MS-954, Toledo, Ohio email@example.com
- Professional Development Workshop: Charlevoix- Emmett Intermediate School District, Boyne City, MI August 23, 2011
- Consultation & Embedded Instruction - Related Services - SST Region 11: Columbus, OH April 16, 2010
- Professional Development Workshop: Shelby County, Alabama March 2010
- Professional Development Program-SST Region 11: Columbus, OH Oct. 30th & Nov. 20th
- Presentation-CEC-DEC-Annual Conference: Albuquerque, N.M. October 2009
- WSOS Professional Development Workshop: Bowling Green, Ohio Sept.3 2009
- Professional Development Workshop: Appleton WI, March 2009
- Professional Development Workshop: Shelby County, Alabama February 2009
- OCCRRA Conference Participants:Mohican State Park Conference March 2008
- Project DIRECT SNAPSHOT: What does the Consultation Model look like?
- HIGHLIGHTS: Project DIRECT Policy Brief approved
- Project DIRECT Training: Itinerant ECSE Training Modules
- EVENTS: September 5 & 6 Conference Presentations
The resources included in this site address intervention planning within a consultation
model verses a one-to-one or ‘pull out’ model.
As you are aware, the Ohio Department of Education, sponsor of Project DIRECT, has
proposed that districts shift their emphasis to the
consultation approach to itinerant early childhood special education service delivery
To review a copy of the policy statement Click Here.
Materials and web-based resources focused on the following topics are available in this section of the web site:
- Effective communication with other adults, including:
- ECE partner’ teachers
- Parents of children enrolled in Itinerant ECSE services
- Administrators of community child care and preschool programs
- Consultation-based intervention services that support in the transfer of skills and knowledge to ‘partner’ ECE teachers who serve as the primary interventionists in a consultation model
- Recommended models of supervision of Itinerant ECSE teachers that recognize their unique and essential roles and responsibilities
- Performance indicators useful in providing supervisory support to Itinerant ECSE teachers
- In service and professional development activities that support the continuing professional development of Itinerant ECSE professionals.
Click on one of the following links to access resources related to the management of Itinerant ECSE services.
- Consultants Corner
- ECSE and Pre K
- Coaching Process
- Coaching Techniques and Related Resources
- Including Children with Disabilities in Preschool Programs
- Performance Indicators
Please visit this site periodically so you can examine additions to site content, ‘breaking news’ concerning Itinerant ECSE services in Ohio and across the U.S., access to e-mail list serve programs, and professional training options for Itinerant ECSE teachers within your region or across Ohio (including distance learning opportunities).
Please visit any sections of the web site.