- Chair's Welcome
- Members of the Board
- Preamble, Statement of Comportment, Bylaws
- Code of Ethics
- Meetings Schedule
- Agendas and Materials for Upcoming Meetings
- Board Meetings - Agendas and Minutes
- Board Committees
- Student Trustee Application
- Contact Information
Contact Us1.800.586.5336 email@example.com
Academic and Student Affairs Committee
- Joseph H. Zerbey, IV - Chair
- Linda N. Mansour - Vice Chair
- Joshua R. Beekman - Student Trustee
- Susan E. Gilmore
- Michael Dowd - Faculty Representative
- Nicholas Conrad - Community Member
Committee Charge: The Academic and Student Affairs Committee will oversee and insure continuous improvement of University academic activities and student programs with an emphasis on student centeredness. The Committee will insure that implementation of the Strategic Plan and continuous improvement in appropriate areas are defined and set forth with quantifiable objectives and measures. In addition, this Committee functions as the Board personnel committee, receiving and recommending action upon all proposed personnel actions.
Clinical Affairs Committee
- Gary P. Thieman - Chair
- Susan E. Gilmore - Vice Chair
- S. Amjad Hussain
- Sharon Speyer
- Sanford R. Kimmel - Faculty Representative
Committee Charge: The Clinical Affairs Committee is charged with oversight and strategic direction of the clinical enterprise of the University. The Committee shall be regularly informed of and hold the University President, and/or his designee, responsible for the continuous improvement of quality of care, patient centeredness, and medical staff membership. The Committee shall receive reports and recommendations from the University President, and/or his designee, regarding relevant clinical, financial and compliance matters as necessary. Further, the Committee is charged with oversight and review of all clinical enterprise accreditation issues. The Committee will carry out the responsibility delegated to it from the Board according to Bylaw 3364-01-03 for medical staff membership, credentialing, privileges and renewal of privileges.
External Affairs Committee
- S. Amjad Hussain - Chair
- Linda N. Mansour - Vice Chair
- John S. Szuch, Jr.
- Gary P. Thieman
- David Dobrzykowski - Faculty Representative
- Randy Oostra - Community Member
Committee Charge: The External Affairs Committee will be guided by the principle that the University currently is and will continue to be a global resource and a sustaining force for the community. This will be achieved by oversight and continuous improvement of University global outreach and engagement and University partnerships and relationships with campus neighborhoods, government agencies, business entities, and other relevant community resources.
Finance and Audit Committee
- Susan Palmer - Chair
- John S. Szuch - Vice Chair
- Juan Jose Perez
- Joseph H. Zerbey, IV
- Kathleen Fitzpatrick - Faculty Representative
- William Horst - Community Member
Committee Charge: The Finance Committee is charged with oversight and continuous improvement of the financial soundness of the University including oversight of revenue from all sources, oversight of all expenses, as well as the margin for the clinical enterprises. It will receive and recommend action upon budget proposals from the administration. It will review relevant parameters such as Senate Bill 6 ratios, bond ratings, and the cash flow margin for the entire University. In addition, this Committee functions as the Board facilities committee, receiving and recommending action upon all proposed facilities actions. The Committee is responsible for the overall audit function of the University, including:
- Reviewing the quality of financial reporting with the external auditors and management including financial statement assumptions, disclosures, and accounting policies.
- Overseeing the University's system of internal controls and the adequacy of financial, accounting and operational practices on financial reporting.
- Reviewing the annual internal audit plan, discuss the extent to which it addresses high-risk areas with the University Auditor and management, and approve the final audit plan.
- Assuring the effectiveness of the internal audit function including access required and authorization of the appointment or dismissal of the University Auditor.
- Ensuring the independence of the University Auditor through his direct-unrestricted reporting to the Committee Chair and functional reporting to University administration.
- Determining the impact to the University of audits of entities outside the scope of this Committee (UT Foundation, UT Physicians, UT Insurance Captive, etc.).
- Overseeing the implementation of the institution's policy on fraud and irregularity including notification to the Committee of any action taken under that policy.
- Reviewing the University's compliance with government regulations including legal or regulatory matters materially impacting the University operations.
- Helping to achieve increased revenue and to advance areas of the strategic plan.
Trusteeship and Governance Committee
- Sharon Speyer - Chair
- Juan Jose Perez - Vice Chair
- Susan Palmer
- John A. Barrett - Faculty Representative
- Harry A. Shaw - Community Member
Committee Charge: The Trusteeship and Governance Committee insures the integrity of Board governance and the avoidance of conflict of interest. It fosters a culture of excellence, service, and high ethical standards, among University trustees. The Committee will also develop and conduct Board assessment, and oversee Board development including orientation of new members. This Committee coordinates the Board's annual assessment of the president. This Committee has oversight responsibilities for the financial reporting process, internal controls, and monitoring compliance with laws and regulations. The Committee will insure that the highest ethical and legal standards are met. The scope of this Charge to the Committee includes all business operations within the legal bounds of The University of Toledo, including the academic and clinical enterprises and UT Innovations Enterprises, Inc.Click here to view a copy of Resolution No. 09-08-18: University Governance