- Facilities & Construction
- UT Sustainability Policy
- Student Involvement & Resources
- Faculty/Staff Resources
- Community Resources
- Meet the SEED Team
- Current SEED Projects
In the Spotlight
- Talk on the ethics of addressing climate change
- Electronics recycling drive to be held at UT March 22
- County Sustainability Commission asking for input
- RecycleMania kicks off Feb. 2nd
- UT Bikeshare Program
- HSC offers smart food choices
- UT Unveils Green Data Center
- Affordable solar power is focus of new research
- More News on SEED
UT is committed to promoting mass transit and clean or low carbon transit options in order to lower carbon emissions, while also making our campuses bike and pedestrian friendly.
Bike & Pedestrian Friendly Campus
- Complete Streets
- UT's Complete Streets committee has a goal to develop a holistic transporattion network on UT's campuses
- The committee is working on a policy to ensure pedestrians and cyclists are considered with every capital transporation project
- Bike Corrals & Racks
- UT has installed bike corrals by the West Parking Garage and by Ritter Hall on main campus to provide safe storage
- The corrals are fenced in, equipped with security cameras, and are accessed by card swipe
- They also provide lockers for storage and free air for tires
- Rocket ID cards must be activated to access the corrals
- UT has installed bike racks on all three campuses to encourage students to travel by bike
- Bike-Share Program
- UT is currently working on a bike-share program for students, faculty, staff, and community members. Stay tuned for updates on this program.
- Traffic Control Devices
- There are traffic control devices to limit traffic in the center of campus to emergency vehicles and deliveries Signs are posted to restrict traffic and we enforce and gain compliance through ticketing.
- Electric Vehicle Charging Station
- Three stations, one on each campus for use by students, employees, and guests installed in January 2011.
- Bus Fleet
- Includes all biodiesel buses and one hybrid electric bus
- One Star Ohio Green Fleet
- Clean Fuels Ohio recognized UT Transit Services for their hard work to improve its efficiency and environmental performance.