UT is committed to promoting mass transit and clean or low carbon transit options in order to lower carbon emissions, while also making our campuses bike and pedestrian friendly.
Bike & Pedestrian Friendly Campus
- Complete Streets
- UT's Complete Streets committee has a goal to develop a holistic transportation network on UT's campuses
- The committee is working on a policy to ensure pedestrians and cyclists are considered with every capital transportation project
- Bike Corrals & Racks
- UT has installed bike corrals by the West Parking Garage and by Ritter Hall on main campus to provide safe storage
- The corrals are fenced in, equipped with security cameras, and are accessed by card swipe
- They also provide lockers for storage and free air for tires
- Rocket ID cards must be activated to access the corrals by visiting Student Union RM 1550
- UT has installed bike racks on all three campuses to encourage students to travel by bike
- Bike-Share Program
- The Rocket Wheels program offers bikes at three convenient locations on Main Campus. Learn more here!
- Bike-Loan Program
- This pilot program is offering 30 bicycles — 15 for international students and 15 for domestic students, all without cars — in an effort to reduce car congestion, parking issues and gas emissions on campus
- $50 deposit by cash, credit card or Rocket Card
- Each participant will receive a bike to use for the entire school year
- Sponsored by SEED, TOLEDO BIKES, and Rocket ReCycle
- To register for a SEED bike click here
- Traffic Control Devices
- There are traffic control devices to limit traffic in the center of campus to emergency vehicles and deliveries. Signs are posted to restrict traffic and we enforce and gain compliance through ticketing.
- Free to the Public Electric Vehicle Charging Station
- EVSE Charger DC Fast Charging Station in East Parking Garage on Main Campus
- Station in Lot 31 on Main Campus
- Station in Lot 44D on Health Science Campus
- Station in Lot 22 on Scott Park Campus
- Bus Fleet
- Includes all biodiesel buses and one hybrid electric bus
- One Star Ohio Green Fleet
- Clean Fuels Ohio recognized UT Transit Services for their hard work to improve its efficiency and environmental performance.