- Risk Management
- Workers' Compensation - Main Campus
- Workers' Compensation - Health Science Campus
- Contact Us
- Auto Insurance Identification Card for UT Vehicles (pdf)
- Certificate of Insurance Requests
- Claims Reporting: Auto, Property or Casualty Claims
- Claims Reporting: Workers' Compensation Claims
- Contacts on Insurance Matters
- Driver Application Packet to Drive UT Vehicles (pdf)
- FAQs for Auto Insurance
- Foreign Travel: Insurance and Assistance Services
- Insurance Policy Summaries
- Insurance Requirements in University Contracts
- Risk Management Concepts
- Vehicle Accident Report (pdf)
Requesting Certificates of Insurance
University groups using non-University facilities and premises often are required to furnish a certificate of insurance showing evidence of the University's insurance coverage by the University. Also, renting/leasing equipment, sending students to intern sites and many contractual services are other situations where the other party may want to see the University's proof of insurance coverage. Proof of insurance is proved by a document called a Certificate of Insurance. These Certificates are provided by the insurance company and are requested by Risk Management.
Property, auto liability and general liability certificates may be secured by contacting Brenda Humberston, Risk and Workers' Compensation Specialist, at the Main Campus Risk Management Office at 419-530-3655 or email@example.com . Tom Claire, Administrator for Risk Management can also be contacted at 419-383-4570 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
Professional liability insurance certificates can be obtained by contacting Sue Mikkonen, Legal Nurse Specialist, or Tom Claire, Administrator for Risk Management at the Health Science Campus Risk Management Office at 419-383-4570, email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org .
If you provide the following information, a Certificate of Insurance can generally be obtained from the insurance company within 24 hours:
- Name and address of the Certificate Holder: This is the person or company requesting the certificate. A Certificate cannot be completed without this information.
- Type of insurance: Is the Certificate Holder requesting proof of property, auto liability, general liability or professional liability coverage? Let us know so the appropriate Certificates can be obtained.
- Reason for the Certificate: It is important to have some identifying information in the Certificate's description that would indicate the purpose of the Certificate. If you are renting facilities for a University function, indicate where and when. If you are renting or leasing equipment, indicate what is being rented/leased, duration of rental/lease and value of the rented/leased equipment. If you are going to a clinical facility and need proof of professional liability insurance, indicate the site, location, time period and profession. If the request is for a specific student, provide the student's name. Any details can be useful in preparing a Certificate that will be acceptable to both UT and the Certificate Holder