- About Dr. Hussain
- Committee Members
- Make a Gift to Support The S. Amjad Hussain Endowed Professorship in Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery
For more information contact:
Howard B. Newman, JD
Associate Vice President, Development
Top News Stories
- UT Celebrates 50th Anniversary of Medical College
- UT to Expand and Renovate Larimer Athletic Complex
- Cathy Sheets Gives Back Through Gift Annuity
- Why I Give: Barbara Mauntler
- Lovejoys Hope to Help Students Develop Their Future
- UT Foundation Recognized for Annual Fund, Case Statement
- Jim Findlay: Philanthropist, Friend, and Proud UT Alumnus
- Why I Give: Richard
- Medical Student's Legacy Lives On through Scholarship
- IRA Charitable Rollover: Use It While It's Still Here
- Digital Efforts Cut UTF Costs and Enhance Communication
- Carl Joseph Reading Commons
- New Cancer Center Offers 'Higher Degree of Healing'
- UT Moves Forward with Strategic Plan: Imagine 2017
- UT Institutional Advancement Reaches Out to Alumni
- Why I Give: Bill Bollin
- Sig Ep Alumni Remember UT and a Home Away from Home
- Gateway and Alumni Pavilion Celebrate Grand Openings
- Tips for Year-End Giving
- Year-End Finances at a Glance
- UT Partnering with United Way for Community Hub Program
- Foundation Raises Minimum to Establish Nonendowed Funds
- Tom and Mary Wakefield: Biggest Toledo Fans in Michigan
- UT and ProMedica Join Hands for New Scholarship
- Scholarship Honors Long-Time Professor and Administrator
It is with pleasure that The University of Toledo announces a campaign to establish The S. Amjad Hussain Endowed Professorship in Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery.
Dr. Hussain is a unique individual who has achieved an amazing array of success and accomplishment.
Heis an award-winning photographer; his work has graced numerous magazines and calendars. He is an internationally acclaimed explorer as he is the only man to have explored the entire 2,000-mile length of Indus River in Pakistan and the source of the river in Tibet. He is an award winning writer who has published ten books on subjects as varied as history, culture, religion and international relations. In addition to English, he also writes in the Urdu language and half of his published books have been in that language. Currently, the University of Peshawar is conducting research on his Urdu writing that would lead to a Master of Philosophy in Urdu literature.
For the past 15 years he has been an op-ed columnist for The Blade and for other newspapers in the U.S. and abroad, serving to bring a moderate voice of reason to otherwise contentious and polarizing geopolitical issues.
Add to the list his interest in the art of calligraphy; his hobby of collecting ancient manuscripts; his deep interest in history, religion and philosophy; his facility in languages and, of course, his career as a skilled cardio-thoracic surgeon, we have a figure who could justifiably be called a renaissance man and a polymath.
Inrecognition of Dr. Hussain’s extensive contributions to the medical profession and his myriad of accomplishments in many other fields, The University of Toledo is pleased to name a professorship in thoracic and cardiovascular surgery in his name. We invite your support of this most deserving honor.
Dr. Jeffery P. Gold
Provost and Executive Vice President for Health Affairs
Dean of the College of Medicine