- Applicants applying through any College of Medicine admissions pathway (including the direct from high school programs), must be citizens of the United States or have permanent resident status (permanent residency "green" card). If applying as a permanent resident, an applicant must be a permanent resident at the time of application and will be required to submit a photocopy of the front and back of their permanent resident card.
- The MCAT is required unless the student is accepted through our MEDStart Program.
- MCAT link aamc.org/students/applying/mcat/
- Request transcripts from all colleges or universities you have attended to be sent directly to AMCAS at aamc.org
- A baccalaureate degree is required prior to matriculation into The University of Toledo Medical School Admission Office.
- All letters of recommendation must be submitted via AMCAS. A maximum of six (6) letters
may be submitted.
- We will accept letters from a Premedical Advisory Committee, a letter packet, or individual letters from the college or university from which you will graduate or have recently graduated. Often letters are from three (3) faculty members with whom you have studied. Meaningful letters are typically from individuals who can address features of your personality, history, and motivation in addition to your academic accomplishments. Letters from family members and family friends are strongly discouraged.
- If you are not a recent college graduate, three (3) letters of recommendation are required and can be obtained from faculty from your former college/university or from someone who is familiar with your activities since leaving college such as a job supervisor or volunteer director.
- Applicants must submit their application using the American Medical College Application Services AMCAS (electronic) application. aamc.org/students/applying/amcas/
- The AMCAS verification process takes 4-6 weeks so we strongly encourage you to submit your application early.
- The AMCAS Application is available the first week of May.
- Deadline to submit is November 1.
- The University of Toledo Medical School Admission Office cannot view or access an AMCAS application until AMCAS verification process is completed, which could take up to four to six weeks. Once AMCAS verifies the application, the UT Medical School Admission Office may begin processing them. The preliminary processing of AMCAS applications begins in mid-July and ends November 1.
- The Medical School Admissions' preliminary screening of AMCAS applications will determine if applicant's academic record is competitive in order to receive a request to complete a UT Secondary Medical School Online Application. (Applicants not meeting the criteria will be reviewed at the discretion of the admissions committee. No application fee is charged for pre-screening the AMCAS application.)
UT Medical School Secondary Application Process
- Applicants must have already submitted an AMCAS application and it be verified. The applicants whose academic and test scores are competitive will be requested to submit an online Secondary Application application.utoledo.edu, $80 non-refundable application fee. You will create a user ID and pin by clicking on the First Time Users link. All major credit cards are accepted. Please note, if you pay the fee twice, we cannot guarantee a refund. Because we manually process these applications please allow us two weeks to process your fee waiver. Deadline to submit UT Medical School Secondary Application is December 31, 2015.
- When filling out the UT Secondary Medical School Application, it is very important that you enter your name the same way as you did on your AMCAS application.
- Once you have submitted your UT secondary medical school application, you cannot go back and view it. Also, there is no mechanism in place to check your status online at the website once you have submitted it.
- However, students will receive an email notification when their UT Secondary Medical School application has been received.
- AMCAS fee waivers will be honored. To obtain a UT Secondary fee waiver you must have
an AMCAS fee waiver. If you have an AMCAS fee waiver, please complete the following
steps in consecutive order:
- First complete the online application at application.utoledo.edu/ You may opt to provide a photograph.
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org requesting a UT fee waiver.
Note: It is important that the application is complete before you send the email email@example.com . If you submit your application and pay the fee, we cannot guarantee a refund.
Students will receive an email notification when their UT Medical School application
All admissions requirements must be completed by December 31, 2015.
All admissions materials must be submitted by December 31, 2015.
The Committee will again review your application for an interview decision. Interviews are by invitation only and generally continue from September through April. If the interview is approved, you will receive an invitation to visit our Health Science Campus, attend a presentation of by a Dean of Admissions that provides an overview and highlights of our medical school program, interview with members of the College of Medicine faculty, and take a student guided tour of the campus.
If you have any questions, contact the University of Toledo Medical School Admissions Office (419) 383-4229 MedAdmissions@utoledo.edu