- Applicants applying through any College of Medicine admissions pathway (including the direct from high school programs), must be citizens of the United States or have permanent resident status (permanent residency "green" card). If applying as a permanent resident, an applicant must be a permanent resident at the time of application and will be required to submit a photocopy of the front and back of their permanent resident card.
- The MCAT is required unless the student is accepted through our MEDStart Program.
- MCAT link aamc.org/students/applying/mcat/
- Request transcripts from all colleges or universities you have attended to be sent directly to AMCAS at aamc.org
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution is required prior to matriculation into The University of Toledo Medical School Admission Office.
- All letters of recommendation must be submitted via AMCAS. A maximum of six (6) letters
may be submitted.
- We will accept letters from a Premedical Advisory Committee, a letter packet, or individual letters from the college or university from which you will graduate or have recently graduated. Often letters are from three (3) faculty members with whom you have studied. Meaningful letters are typically from individuals who can address features of your personality, history, and motivation in addition to your academic accomplishments. Letters from family members and family friends are strongly discouraged.
- If you are not a recent college graduate, three (3) letters of recommendation are required and can be obtained from faculty from your former college/university or from someone who is familiar with your activities since leaving college such as a job supervisor or volunteer director.
- Applicants must submit their application using the American Medical College Application Services AMCAS (electronic) application. aamc.org/students/applying/amcas/
- The AMCAS verification process takes 4-6 weeks so we strongly encourage you to submit your application early.
- The AMCAS Application is available for applicants the first week of May.
- Deadline to submit is November 1.
- The University of Toledo Medical School Admission Office cannot view or access an
AMCAS application until AMCAS verification process is completed, which could take
up to four to six weeks. Once AMCAS verifies the application, the UT Medical School
Admission Office may begin processing them.
- The preliminary processing of AMCAS applications begins in mid-July and ends November 1.
- Our Medical School Admissions Committee continually reviews verified AMCAS applications. Following review, we will email qualified applicants inviting them to complete the UT Medical School Secondary Application. (Applicants not meeting the criteria will be reviewed at the discretion of the admissions committee. No application fee is charged for pre-screening the AMCAS application.)
Starting with the 2016-2017 admissions cycle, the UT Medical School will be implementing the Multiple Mini-Interview (MMI) process. Specific information about our MMI format will be posted soon. Thank you for your patience.
If you have any questions, contact the University of Toledo Medical School Admissions Office (419) 383-4229 MedAdmissions@utoledo.edu