- College of Medicine Viewbook
- Degree Offerings
- Medical School Pathways
- Admission Criteria
- Application Process
- Pre-Medical School Programs
- Overview of Medical School
- Academic Enrichment
- Transferring to UT Medical School
- MD Curriculum
- Dean of the College of Medicine
- Admissions Office Staff
- Class Profile
- UTCOM Match Summary
- The University of Toledo
- The University of Toledo Medical Center
- The Health Science Campus
- Toledo, Ohio
College of Medicine Policies
- Minimal Technical Standards
- Request for Transfer to the College of Medicine
- Process and Criteria for Achievement of Diversity and Excellence in the College of Medicine Class
- Guidelines for the Baccalaureate Degree into MD Program
- All College of Medicine Policies
Health Science Campus
Mulford Library Building419-383-4229 email@example.com
The UT College of Medicine participates in the American Medical College Applications Services (AMCAS) program. Applicants must submit their online application from June 1 through November 1.
Requirements for admission include:
- Applicants must be a citizen of the United States or have permanent resident status (permanent residency "green" card). If applying as a permanent resident, an applicant must be a permanent resident at the time of application and will be required to submit a photocopy of the front and back of their permanent resident card.
- A baccalaureate degree
- MCAT scores (unless the student is accepted through our early acceptance MEDStart Program or through a UT direct from high school acceptance program)
- A UT secondary application
- Letters of recommendation
- Submission of final official transcripts from all undergraduate, graduate, and professional schools you have attended with degrees posted (if applicable)
- Successful completion and review of a criminal records check
- Students must meet the Minimal Technical Standards for admissions
Minimum pre-medical course requirements:
(obtained at an accredited institution of higher education)
- One year biological sciences
- One year of general chemistry with labs
- One year of organic chemistry with labs - must be taken at a 4 year university/college.
- One year of physics
- One year of mathematics
- One year of college English
- Applicants are encouraged to acquire a broad undergraduate education including humanities and social sciences
- Note: We accept U.S. Advanced Placement credit for premedical course requirements with proper denotation on transcripts.
* The University of Toledo Medical School Admissions does not accept virtual online lab courses.
We offer more than 20 scholarships to incoming students, as well as nearly 30 scholarships to continuing students. Our Financial Aid Office is here to assist students in applying for loans, grants and other forms of aid, as well. See full list of scholarships here.
Students are selected for an interview on the basis of their individual qualifications regardless of sex, religion, racial origin, marital status or age. The Admissions Committee seeks evidence of general competence with special attention given to the science GPA and the total MCAT score. In addition, the applicants must demonstrate motivation and enthusiasm for medicine as indicated from their volunteer experience, medical related activities, service to others, leadership skills and/or research related activities. They also must demonstrate personality and character traits important to their future growth as a physician.