Ohio In-State Residency: C1
If you are financially dependent upon an Ohio resident...
OBR rules state, "A student whose spouse, or a dependent student, at least one of whose parents or legal guardian, has been a resident of the state of Ohio for all other legal purposes for twelve consecutive months or more immediately preceding the enrollment of such student in an institution of higher education."
Required documentation in addition to that required on the first page of application:
- A copy of student's Ohio voter registration card
- A copy of student's and parent's or guardian’s Ohio driver license or State ID
- A copy of student's motor vehicle registration
- A copy of the first and signature pages from the student's federal and state income tax returns, or a notarized statement certifying the student was not required to file income taxes
- If dependent upon spouse, parent, or legal guardian, a copy of the first and signature pages from their federal and state income tax returns, proving the student was claimed as a dependent in the most recent tax year
- Copies of all lease, mortgage agreements, or property deeds during the past 12 months which includes date of occupancy and signature page