Marketing Bachelor's Degree Overview
Marketing is the most popular major in UT’s accredited College of Business and Innovation. The business college is consistently named one of the country’s best business schools.
How do you make your product or service stand out from the competition? That’s what UT marketing majors learn through hands-on projects, internships and community collaborations. Students in the bachelor’s marketing program study consumers, product design and quality, pricing, channels of distribution and advertising. They learn about the latest business trends and how to respond quickly and effectively to change.
Marketing Bachelor's Degree Highlights
- Unparalleled career support. The Business Career Programs office in UT’s College of Business and Innovation works with more than 500 companies. About 85% of marketing majors get internships that often lead to full-time jobs after graduation. UT marketing grads have an 85% job placement rate.
- State-of-the-art facilities and technology. The Savage & Associates Business Complex houses classrooms and five action learning labs. Marketing students have access to a 24/7 computer lab and free rental laptops.
- Hands-on learning. Marketing bachelor’s degree students learn through service activities, research and UT’s outstanding relationships with the regional business community.
- Faculty with real-world experience. The Department of Marketing and International Business has two Fulbright Research Scholars on faculty.
- Keep up with the latest business trends. UToledo continually adds new majors and courses in emerging business areas. Students study digital marketing, professional sales, sports marketing and more.
- Networking. The professionals on UT’s marketing advisory board hail from companies ranging from Eaton to Chick-fil-A.
- The practical experience employers want. Business students apply what they learn in the classroom to real life through the REAL Connection program. Students build resumes through experiences from business book clubs and job shadowing to service learning and membership in clubs and organizations.
- Active student groups. Marketing majors are some of the most active students on campus. UToledo's student chapter of the American Marketing Association has been recognized as one of the best 25 chapters in the world.
- Study abroad. Marketing undergraduate students and faculty have visited London, Berlin and other major cities to learn how businesses in other countries operate.
- Options. Double major or minor in a related business field such as professional sales, digital marketing or international business. Check out COBI's additional undergraduate degree programs.
|Advertising specialist||Marketing director|
|Brand marketing coordinator||Product marketing manager|
|Communications specialist||Promotions coordinator|
|Market researcher||Web account executive|
“With my education and experience from The University of Toledo and the Department of Marketing and International Business, not only am I able to compete with individuals from Ivy League schools when working for influential companies in marketing and sales, but I also feel I’ve had a competitive advantage to surpass them. Thirty years later, I’m still impressed with UToledo’s award-winning faculty, networking opportunities and business connections.”
Susan (Dembowski) Shultz, senior lecturer, The University of Toledo
BBA in marketing ’85, MBA in industrial relations ’87
Marketing Bachelor's Degree Plan of Study
Coursework for UToledo's marketing bachelor’s degree program is highly professional, with a focus on hands-on projects and involvement with the Toledo business community.
Marketing Bachelor’s Degree Sample Courses
- E-Commerce and the Networked Economy
- Buyer Behavior and Relationship Marketing
- Advertising Strategy
- Marketing Research and Data-Based Management
- Professional Sales
- Sales Force Leadership
View Plan of Study
Internship Opportunities for Marketing Bachelor's Degree
Marketing faculty has strong ties to local and global business communities. 85% of undergraduate marketing majors find internships, which often lead to full-time jobs.
Typical Internship Locations
- Marathon Oil and Marathon Petroleum
- Owens Corning
- Victoria’s Secret
- Rudolph Libbe, Inc.
- Viacom Media Networks
Opportunities for Students
Marketing Bachelor's Degree4-year program
Program Quick LinksView Admission Requirements
Department of Marketing and International Business
College of Business and Innovation