- Neurology Home
- Center for Neurological Health
- Residency Information
- Fellowship Information
- Clerkship Information
- Internet Resources
- The Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education, ACGME, granted full accreditation
to the Neurology Residency Program,
effective 11/15/2001. Upon completing a review of our program, the ACGME granted
the Neurology Residency Program a five-year
continued full accreditation, effective 11/9/2006.
- The Dean's Award for Teaching Excellence went to Dr. Pirzada in 1998, Dr. Tietjen
in 2001, Dr. Elmer in 2003, and Dr. Ali in 2004.
- The Golden Apple Award, determined by vote of the students, went to Dr. Pirzada in
1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2007, 2008
and 2009; Dr. Elmer in 2003, 2004, 2005 2006, and 2007; and to Dr. Ali in 2005, 2006,
- The Association of University Professors of Neurology Award for outstanding success
in encouraging students to elect careers in Neurology
went to the Department of Neurology at MUO in 2001.
- We have the only EEG lab in northwest Ohio accredited by the American Clinical Neurophysiology Society.