|The Lake Erie Center is open to the public Monday-Friday from 9:00am-4:30pm. Weekly guided tours are offered on Wednesday at 10:00am (or by appointment -- 419-530-8364 or email@example.com) and generally take 30-45 minutes. Interested parties should meet in the lobby of the LEC.|
- Public Lecture Series: Richard Bartz, Physical Scientist for the US Geological Survey
(USGS) Ohio Water Science Center. His talk is titled- "Western Lake Erie Basin: Stream
Flow and Water Quality Monitoring" on Thursday, January 21, 2016 at 7p.m., Lake Erie
Center, Room 155.
- Public Lecture Series: Dr. Kevin Czajkowski, UT Professor of Geography. His talk is
titled- "Mapping drain tile to assess agricultural contribution to harmful algal blooms
in western Lake Erie basin" on Thursday, February 18, 2016 at 7p.m., Lake Erie Center,
- Public Lecture Series: Dr. Patrick Kocovsky, Research Fishery Biologist for the USGS
Lake Erie Biological Station. His talk is titled- "Facts about the Grass Carp Invasion
in the Sandusky River" on Thursday, March 24, 2016 at 7 p.m., Lake Erie Center, Room
- Alumni Lecture: Dr. Justin Chaffin, Research Coordinator at the Ohio State's Stone
Laboratory. His talk is titled- "Cyanobacterial blooms in Lake Erie central basins:
Roles of phosphorus, nitrogen, and trace metals" on Thursday, April 21, 2016 at 7
p.m., Lake Erie Center, Room 155.
- Lake Erie Center's 2016 Art Contest. Amateur artists of all ages, backgrounds and skill levels are invited to submit a piece of 2D or 3D art that fits the theme, "The nature of our region, from Oak Openings to Maumee Bay." Take a look around our region and let the natural wonders inspire your creativity! Entry deadline is April 1, 2016. For more information on how to enter click here.
Free shuttle service from main campus to LEC for all LEC Public Lectures- look for the white van at 6 p.m. on the south side of Bowman-Oddy Laboratories on Towerview Blvd. Van will depart for LEC at 6:15 p.m. *** Interested parties are asked to RSVP by the Tuesday prior to the lecture date at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that if we do not have more than two riders requesting the shuttle service it will be canceled for the given event. Requesters will be notified by email if the shuttle is canceled.