6200 Bayshore Rd.
Welcome to the LEC
- Lake Erie Center Home
- Our Mission
- Upcoming Events
- Faculty, Staff & Students
- News & Reports
- Education & Outreach
- Prospective Students
- NSF GK-12 Program
- NSF URM Program
- FOLEC (Friends of the LEC)
- UT Sustainability
- Natural Sciences & Mathematics
- Sigma Xi
- Maps and Directions
- Contact Us
- View the Fall 2014
LEC Newsletter (PDF, 1.6 mb)
- View our recent press releases
- Lake Erie Center Weather Station
- View streaming video from our recent public lectures
- Learn about our Environmental Sensor Network
6200 Bayshore Rd.
Oregon, OH 43616
|The Lake Erie Center is open to the public Monday-Friday from 9:00am-4:30pm. Weekly guided tours are offered on Wednesday at 10:00am (or by appointment -- 419-530-8364 or firstname.lastname@example.org) and generally take 30-45 minutes. Interested parties should meet in the lobby of the LEC.|
- Distinguished University Professor Lecture: Dr. Carol Stepien, Distinguished University Professor of Ecology & Director of the
Lake Erie Center. "Understanding our Great Lakes Fishes with DNA". Tuesday, October 21, 4:00 pm. Memorial Field House, University of Toledo Main Campus.
- 2014 Photo Contest: "The Nature of Our Region: From Oak Openings to Maumee Bay". Entries due: Monday, November 3, 2014. Click here for details and instructions.
- 14th Annual Great Lakes Water Conference:Defining and Defending Our Waters. University of Toledo College of Law. Friday November 7, 2014. Click here for registration information.
- Lake Erie Center Open House: Featuring tours, posters, demonstrations, and refreshments. Monday, November 17, 5-7:00 pm
- Lake Erie Center Public Lecture: Dr. David Jude, Research Scientist, University of Michigan School of Natural Resources and Environment, "Invasion history, impacts on native species, and unexpected consequences of the introduction of the round goby into the Great Lakes". Thursday, November 20, 7:00 pm. LEC Room 155.