6200 Bayshore Rd.
Welcome to the LEC
- Lake Erie Center Home
- Our Mission
- Upcoming Events
- Faculty, Staff & Students
- News & Reports
- Education & Outreach
- Prospective Students
- NSF GK-12 Program
- NSF URM Program
- FOLEC (Friends of the LEC)
- UT Sustainability
- Natural Sciences & Mathematics
- Maps and Directions
- Contact Us
- View the Fall 2013 LEC
Newsletter (PDF, 1.5 mb)
- View our recent press releases
- Lake Erie Center Weather Station
- View streaming video from our recent public lectures
- Learn about our Environmental Sensor Network
6200 Bayshore Rd.
Oregon, OH 43616
|The Lake Erie Center is open to the public Monday-Friday from 9:00am-4:30pm. Weekly guided tours are offered on Wednesday at 10:00am (or by appointment -- 419-530-8364 or firstname.lastname@example.org) and generally take 30-45 minutes. Interested parties should meet in the lobby of the LEC.|
- WLEWA Dr. Robert Brundage Scholarship applications due: Friday, December 13, 2013. Application information
- Ph.D. dissertation defense: Jeremy Pritt (advisor: Dr. Christine Mayer). Friday, January 10, 2014, 10:00 am. LEC room 155.
- Lake Erie Center Public Lecture: Dr. Stephanie Millsap, Conservation Specialist, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service. Title
TBA. Thursday, January 23, 2014, 7:00 pm. LEC room 155.
- Lake Erie Center Public Lecture: Donald Schloesser, USGS Great Lakes Science Center. "Restoration of burrowing mayflies
in western Lake Erie: Have we jumped the gun?" Thursday, February 20, 2014, 7:00 pm. LEC room 155.
- Lake Erie Center Public Lecture: Dr. Chris Winslow, Ohio SeaGrant, Stone Laboratory, CLEAR, and GLAERC. "Lake Erie critical issues (e.g., invasive species, harmful algal blooms, dredging, and coastal economic development) and the work being done to address these concerns." Thursday, March 20, 2014, 7:00 pm. LEC room 155.