6200 Bayshore Rd.
Welcome to the LEC
- Lake Erie Center Home
- Our Mission
- Upcoming Events
- Faculty, Staff & Students
- News & Reports
- Education & Outreach
- Prospective Students
- NSF GK-12 Program
- NSF URM Program
- FOLEC (Friends of the LEC)
- UT Sustainability
- Natural Sciences & Mathematics
- Maps and Directions
- Contact Us
- View the Summer 2014
LEC Newsletter (PDF, 1.2 mb)
- View our recent press releases
- Lake Erie Center Weather Station
- View streaming video from our recent public lectures
- Learn about our Environmental Sensor Network
6200 Bayshore Rd.
Oregon, OH 43616
|The Lake Erie Center is open to the public Monday-Friday from 9:00am-4:30pm. Weekly guided tours are offered on Wednesday at 10:00am (or by appointment -- 419-530-8364 or firstname.lastname@example.org) and generally take 30-45 minutes. Interested parties should meet in the lobby of the LEC.|
- Lake Erie Center Summer Naturalist Series: Conservation of Monarchs, with Laurel Ashley, Maumee Bay State Park Naturalist. Monarch
butterfly populations are declining, due in large part to habitat degradation in the
U.S. and Mexico. Learn about the decline, the conservation efforts underway at MBSP,
and what you can do to help protect the species. Thursday, July 24. 2014, 7:00 pm. LEC room 155.
- Nature of Maumee Bay Science Programs:
Two programs are available for students entering 4th & 5th grades:
- 18th Annual Clean Your Streams: Saturday, September 20th, 2014. Help us clean up the banks of Swan Creek, Ottawa River, Maumee River, and other local streams. Seven kick off locations! Registration is required. For details see the CYS 2014 Flyer (PDF).
- 2014 Photo Contest entries due: Monday, November 3, 2014. Click here for details and instructions.