|The Lake Erie Center is open to the public Monday-Friday from 9:00am-4:30pm. Weekly guided tours are offered on Wednesday at 10:00am (or by appointment -- 419-530-8364 or firstname.lastname@example.org) and generally take 30-45 minutes. Interested parties should meet in the lobby of the LEC|
- LEC Open House, Thursday, April 20, 2017, from 5-7 p.m. Come join us for the evening,
which will feature live demonstrations, tours of the facility and a scientific poster
- 2017 Lake Erie Center Summer Science Camps for Kids with a focus on STEM education-This year we have three options: •Week long day camp for entering 4th and 5th graders,
June 12–16, 9–noon (FULL), a second afternoon session has been added from 1–4 pm, $75 and •One-day mini camps for entering 4th and 5th graders, Thurs., July 13, 2017,
9–3 p.m., $40 and NEW this year for entering 6th and 7th graders, Thurs., July 20, 2017, 9–3 p.m., $40.
Scholarships and sibling discounts are available. Class sizes are limited so register
early. For more information or to register please visit: www.utoledo.edu/nsm/lec/sciencecamp.html or contact Rachel Lohner at email@example.com or 419.530.8364.
- 2017 Lake Erie Center Photo Contest, the theme is "Nature from Oak Openings to Maumee
Bay." All amateur photo buffs are encouraged to submit up to 3 photos. Winners will be
chosen in multiple categories. First place in each category will receive a $25 prize. Submission deadline is Friday, October 27, 2017. For more details and official rules click here. Submit your photos using our online application.
- Public Beach Cleanup, Volunteers Needed! Volunteers invited to Maumee Bay State Park
Lake Erie Beach to help keep Great Lakes' beaches "Barefoot" friendly. Friday, July 7, 2017, starting at 4 p.m., 1750 State Park Road, Oregon, Oh. The Lake
Erie Center is the team leader for this event. This event is one of fourteen special
Alliance for the Great Lakes Adopt-a-Beach™ events throughout the region sponsored
by Barefoot Wine and Bubbly. For questions about this event, contact Rachel Lohner
at firstname.lastname@example.org or 419-530-8364.
- Free shuttle service from the main campus to LEC for all LEC Public Lectures- look for the white van at 6 p.m. on the south side of Bowman-Oddy Laboratories on Towerview Blvd. Van will depart for LEC at 6:15 p.m. *** Interested parties are asked to RSVP by the Tuesday prior to the lecture date at email@example.com. Please note that if we do not have more than two riders requesting the shuttle service it will be canceled for the given event. Requesters will be notified by email if the shuttle is canceled.