6200 Bayshore Rd.
Welcome to the LEC
- Lake Erie Center Home
- Our Mission
- Upcoming Events
- Faculty, Staff & Students
- News & Reports
- Education & Outreach
- Prospective Students
- NSF GK-12 Program
- NSF URM Program
- FOLEC (Friends of the LEC)
- UT Sustainability
- Natural Sciences & Mathematics
- Maps and Directions
- Contact Us
- View the Winter/Spring 2013
Newsletter (PDF, 1.5mb)
- Lake Erie Center Weather Station
- Check the Nowcast Water Quality Report for the Lake Erie Beach at Maumee Bay State Park
- View streaming video from our recent public lectures
- Learn about our new Environmental Sensor Network
6200 Bayshore Rd.
Oregon, OH 43616
|The Lake Erie Center is open to the public Monday-Friday from 9:00am-4:30pm. Weekly guided tours are offered on Wednesday at 10:00am (or by appointment -- 419-530-8364 or email@example.com) and generally take 30-45 minutes. Interested parties should meet in the lobby of the LEC.|
- Ph.D. Dissertation Defense: Nate Manning (advisors: Drs. Christine Mayer and Jon Bossenbroek). Wednesday, May 29, 2013, 10:00 am. LEC room 155.
- 2013 Science Camp: June 17-21, 2013, 9:00 am - 12:00 pm. Click to download flyer. Contact Rachel Lohner for additional details.
- Ph.D. Dissertation Defense: Amanda Haponski (advisor: Dr. Carol Stepien). "Evolutionary, biogeographic, and population
genetic patterns of walleye and other Sander: Relationships across continents, corridors, and spawning sites". Thursday, June 20, 2013, 10:00 am. LEC room 155.
- Barefoot at the Beach cleanup with Barefoot Wines and the Alliance for the Great Lakes. At the Lake Erie Beach
at Maumee Bay State Park, Friday, June 28, 2013, 4 pm - 6 pm. Afterparty celebration at the MBSP lodge.
- 2013 Photo Contest entries due: Friday, October 4, 2013. For more information, click here.