- 2014 Dr. Page Armstrong, Dr. Carol Bennett-Clarke, Dr. David Guip, Dr. John Laux, Dr. Sara Lundquist, Robert McCollough
- 2013 Dr. Julie Coyle, Dr. Matthew Franchetti, Dr. Glenn Lipscomb, Dr. Anthony Quinn, Dr. Jerry Van Hoy, Dr. Robert Yonker and Beth Eisler
- 2012 Dr. Deborah Coulter-Harris, Dr. Ron Fournier, Selina Griswold, Dr. Amira Gohara, Dr. Thomas McLoughlin, Dr. Susan Sochacki
- 2011 Dr. Sorin Cioc, Dr. Laurence Fink, Heather Hug, Marie Janes, Dr. Kim Schmude, Dr. Ivie Stein Jr.
- 2010 Dr. Sharon Barnes, Dr. Paula Dupey, Dr. David Meabon, Dr. Brian Randolph, Dr. Mark Sherry
- 2009 Dr. Paul Fritz, Dr. Sally Harmych, Dr. James Kamm, Dr. Sakui Malakpa
- 2008 Dr. Brian Ashburner, Dr. Karen Bjorkman, Dr. Christina Fitzgerald, Joseph Slater
- 2007 Rane Arroyo, Timothy Jordan, Nicholas Kissoff, Don Reiber
- 2006 Dr. Tom Barden, Dr. Zelijko Cuckovic, Dr. Lisa Pescara-Kovach
- 2005 Elaine Miller, Edward J. Stelnicki, James Tierney
- 2004 Larry Cook, Laura A. Frisbie, Deborah Orloff
- Complete List of Previous Winners
Mail Stop 939
Nominate a Faculty Member
- Nominate a Faculty Member
- Students, alumni, faculty, and staff are strongly encouraged to nominate faculty who exemplify excellence in teaching.
- Completed nomination forms must be electronically submitted online or received in the UT Alumni office no later than 5:00 p.m. on February 26, 2015 to be considered in this year's competition.
- Winners are eligible to win $1,500.
Since the nomination forms require open-ended responses, it is not possible to structure a completely objective scoring system for evaluation of the responses. However, several guidelines will be considered by the committee as it reviews the nomination forms. Without indicating the relative weight ascribed by individual members of the committee, these guidelines include the following:
- Content of nominations is the most important factor.
- Information concerning nominations received in previous years is viewed as indicative of continuous teaching success and strengthens the case for a candidate. Until 2015, prior teaching awards may substitute for previous nominations for nominees from the Health Science Campus.
- Nomination forms coming from more than one source (i.e., students, faculty, and alumni) strengthen the case for a candidate; however, the number of nominations is not, in itself, a sufficient criterion for selection.
The following rules shall also apply:
- Full-time (tenured, tenure track and lecturers) faculty members in all colleges are eligible with the exception of previous recipients.
- College or departmental representation is not considered in the evaluation process.
- Evidence supporting faculty-initiated campaigns will be investigated and may lead the committee to disqualify the nominee as a candidate.