Rocket Card (ID)


Frequently Asked Questions

The Rocket Card is the official University of Toledo Identification Card and provides safe, quick access to many campus services including door access to residence halls and academic buildings, meal plans and library privileges. The Rocket Card also has debit card features including the multipurpose Rocket Account, which can be used for books, food, and other goods and services, and is fast, simple, and convenient.

What is the Rocket Card?
The official UT identification card, which includes your photo, your name and your university affiliation.

Who needs a Rocket Card?
All UT students, faculty, staff and affiliates.

How do I get a Rocket Card?
Students, if you did not receive your new card during Rocket Launch you may log into the UT Portal on the "Student tab" and follow the process for submiting a photo.

Employees, you may also log into the UT Portal on the "Employee Tab" and complete the online process.

Where do I pick up my Rocket Card?
This depends on which campus you chose during the requesting process to pick up your Rocket Card at;  
To get a card you will need a valid picture ID (driver's license, passport, ect.).

  • Main Campus: Student Union Room 1550
  • Health Science Campus: Nursing Administration 2nd Floor ML Annex

What can I do with my Rocket Card?
If you are a student, your Rocket Card gives you access to your academic buildings, residential hall, computer labs, the Student Recreation Center, the Student Medical Center and other services on and around campus. It also “carries” your Meal Plan, and Rocket Dollars Account.

If you are an employee, it provides you access to various buildings/rooms, Rocket Dollars, the API system, payroll deductions....

What if my Rocket Card is lost?
Lost cards should be frozen immediately.  Lost cards are subject to a $35 replacement fee, which will be applied to your student account.  Lost cards that are turned in to the ID Office are kept on file for one month, as long as the person is still an active student or faculty/staff member. Please check with the ID Office to see if your lost card has been found. You may also call the Main Campus Lost and Found at 419.530.2601

What if my Rocket Card is damaged?
Most damaged cards are subject to the $35 replacement fee.

What if my Rocket Card is stolen?
If your card is stolen on campus, you must file a report with campus police. Campus Police can be reached 24/7 (419.530.2601). A lost or stolen Rocket Card will cost $35 to replace, so please keep your Rocket Card in a safe and secure location.

What are Board Meal Credits?
Board Meal Credits are included in each meal plan and can be used at any of the four residential dining halls on the main campus. Simply present your card to the cashier and the amount will be automatically deducted from your account. Any unused board meal credits are not transferable from semester to semester.

What Are Dining Dollars?
When you buy a University Meal Plan, we will make a deposit to your Dining Dollars account, which allows you to buy food at on-campus dining locations.  Any balance remaining at the end of spring semester is forfeited at midnight on the last day of exam week. Dining Dollars cannot be transferred into any other account.

What is a Rocket Card Account?
This is a debit account that can be used at all campus dining locations, the Student Union Food Court, on-campus convenience stores, the UT Bookstore, participating off campus merchants, vending machines and laundry machines at the residence halls. Check our website at for an updated list of merchants currently accepting the UT Rocket Card. Any remaining balance in your account will carry over from semester to semester and will stay open until you decide to close it. Rocket Accounts can be closed by completing the appropriate form.  The University may close Rocket Accounts that have not been used within the year.

How do I deposit money to my Rocket Account?
Deposits to your Rocket Account can be made online at—and are available immediately at PHIL (Payment Headquarters in Location) Stations in the Secor Lobby of Rocket Hall, South Dining Hall at the Student Union, and Student Computer Lounge at the Health Education Building at the Health Science Campus.

Can I use my financial aid for my Rocket Account?
Some types of financial aid can be transferred onto your Rocket Card and can then be used to purchase books, supplies and/or food. Financial aid deposits and refunds are arranged through the Treasurer’s Office located in room 1800 of Rocket Hall, (419) 530-8700.

I still have questions. Where can I get more information?

Rocket Card 

      Main Campus
Student Union room 1550
Monday - Friday 8:15 AM - 5:00PM
Phone: 419.530.5842

Email :


Last Updated: 2/16/18