Environmental Health and Radiation Safety

What to do in the event of a FLOOD

If a water leak or flooding occurs:

  1. Notify Dispatch immediately at 419.530.2600 (Main Campus) or 419.383.2600 (Health Science Campus).
  2. Report the exact location and severity of the leak.
  3. USE EXTREME CAUTION if there are electrical appliances or electrical outlets near the leak. If there is any possible danger, evacuate the area.
  4. If you know the source of the water and are confidant of your ability to stop it (unclog the drain, turn off the valve, etc.), do so cautiously.
  5. Contact Environmental Health and Radiation Safety at 419.530.3600 to evaluate water damage and/or if visible mold is present.
  6. If flooding occurs inside a building, be sure to raise electrical equipment off the floor (i.e. computers). This may help reduce the risk of electrical shock.
Last Updated: 6/27/22