University of Toledo

Memorial Field House

The Memorial Field House was once UToledo’s basketball arena, seating more than 4,000 fans as they cheered on the Rockets. It was the second building constructed on campus, completed in 1931 shortly after University Hall.

Since its construction, the Field House has been used as a concert hall, for large assemblies such as commencement ceremonies and for physical education classes

In 2007, the Board of Trustees began a $25 million renovation of the facility, which added 80,000 square feet of space for classrooms, faculty offices and business space. It also houses the offices of the English Language and Literature and World Languages and Cultures departments.

Return to Walking Tour

Historical photo of Memorial Field House

Launch Memorial Field House



World Languages Facebook

Visit Us on Facebook

World Languages Twitter

Last Updated: 8/11/22