- Drumline Clinic
November 17, 11am
- Sounds of the Stadium
- UT Bands Concert
Wind Ensemble &
REcources and Info/
Upcoming Band Events
RMB Member for a Day
Sounds of the Stadium
UT Bands Concert
Scholarship & Entrance Auditions
March 15 & 22, 2014
UT Honors Band
March 21-23, 2014
ROCKET MARCHING BAND
This page will be updated as we complete the 2013 season. General information about
The RMB, its schedule and activities are reflected in our 2013 information below.
Check back in early 2014 for information regarding next season.
The University of Toledo Rocket Marching Band is one of the largest and most visible student groups on campus! With approximately 160 musicians, dancers, twirlers, and color guard, the RMB is a positive source of pride and school spirit for you as well as the entire UT community. We plan to double the size of the band in the next few years to 350! It's a GREAT time to get involved! Remember that The RMB:
- Is open to ALL UT students, regardless of major. Engineering, Pharmacy, and Nursing students represent a large number of The RMB's ranks.
- Offers an automatic $1,000 Scholarship for participation! In addition, extra scholarship / stipend monies are available.
- Does NOT charge extra fees for participation. All expenses involved with RMB participation are covered: travel, meals, uniform cleanings, etc.
- Is a class, which provides a 1-hr. elective credit that will count toward ANY degree.
- Performs in the BEST venue in the MAC. The Glassbowl seats 35,000 and hosts some of the most exciting college football in the country.
- Will have a new look in 2014! New uniforms will be revealed this coming season
Information for the 2013 Season
Preparations for the 2013 edition of the ROCKET MARCHING BAND (RMB) are underway. If you will be attending The University of Toledo this fall and are planning to participate in the RMB, be sure to: (1) Complete the online Intent to March form and (2) register for the marching band when scheduling your classes. Information packets will be emailed over the summer to everyone who has completed the Intent to March form and to members of the 2012 RMB. This information will also be posted below. Over the summer, personnel lists will be sent to each of the 2013 RMB Section Leaders, who will be contacting members of their sections to confirm participation and answer questions. If you have ANY questions about participation in the RMB, please contact the UT Bands Office at 419-530-2217 or contact the director at Andrew.Rhodes@utoledo.edu.
2013 Audition Information
The RMB holds auditions for the following sections within the band. Wind players
do not need to audition. EVERYONE should complete the online Intent to March form. If you are interested in auditioning for any of the following sections, check
back for details.
- Drumline - Saturday, May 11, June 1, June 22 & July 27, 9:00am - 3:00pm. Questions regarding the clinic and audition process for the drumline should be
directed to Xavier Verna, UT Drumline Instructor: email@example.com.
- Color Guard - Auditions have already been completed for the Fall 2013 season. Questions regarding
the audition process for the Color Guard should be directed to Chad Clum, UT Color
Guard Instructor: UTColorguard@aol.com.
- Dancing Rockettes - Auditions have already been completed for the Fall 2013 season. Questions regarding
the audition process and future auditions for the Rockettes should be directed to
Tenethia Beamon-Cox, UT Dancing Rockettes Instructor: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Majorettes - Auditions were held and completed on Saturday, April 13. Questions regarding the
Majorette audition process and future auditions should be directed to Lauren St. John,
UT Majorettes Instructor: Lauren.StJohn@utoledo.edu.
2013 RMB Leadership
Thank you to all those who auditioned and interviewed. We are looking forward to
another great season.