THE ROCKET MARCHING BAND
ROCKET MARCHING BAND
The University of Toledo Rocket Marching Band is one of the largest and most visible student groups on campus! With over 180 musicians, dancers, twirlers, and color guard, the RMB is a positive source of pride and school spirit for you as well as the entire UT community. We plan to double the size of the band in the next few years to 350! It's a GREAT time to get involved! Remember that The RMB:
- Is open to ALL UT students, regardless of major. Engineering, Pharmacy, and Nursing students represent a large number of The RMB's ranks.
- Offers an automatic $1,000 Scholarship for participation! In addition, extra scholarship / stipend monies are available.
- Does NOT charge extra fees for participation. All expenses involved with RMB participation are covered: travel, meals, uniform cleanings, etc.
- Is a class, which provides a 1-hr. elective credit that will count toward ANY degree.
- Performs in the BEST venue in the MAC. The Glass Bowl seats 35,000 and hosts some of the most exciting college football in the country.
Information for the 2015 Season
Preparations for the 2015 edition of the ROCKET MARCHING BAND (RMB) are underway. If you will be attending The University of Toledo this fall and are planning to participate in the RMB, be sure to: (1) Complete the online Intent to March form and (2) register for the marching band when scheduling your classes. Information packets will be emailed over the summer to everyone who has completed the 2015 Intent to March form and to all members of the 2014 RMB. This information will also be posted below. Over the summer, personnel lists will be sent to each of the 2015 RMB Section Leaders, who will be contacting members of their sections to confirm participation and answer questions. If you have ANY questions about participation in the RMB, please contact the UT Bands Office at 419-530-2217 or contact the director at Andrew.Rhodes@utoledo.edu.
2015 Audition Information
The RMB holds auditions for the following sections within the band. Wind players
do not need to audition. EVERYONE should complete the online Intent to March form. If you are interested in auditioning for any of the following sections, check
back for details.
- Drumline - Audition Clinics for the 2015 season will be held on the following Saturdays: May
9, May 23, June 13, and June 27. Audition Clinics take place in the Center for Performing
Arts (Room 1023) on the UT Main Campus from 9am-3pm. Questions regarding the workshops
and audition process for the drumline should be directed to Xavier Verna, UT Drumline
- Color Guard - Auditions for the 2015 season will be held Saturday, April 25, 10am-4pm in the Student
Rec Center on the UT Main Campus. Summer clinics and late auditions will be held
at the same time and location on Saturday, June 13, and Saturday, July 18. Questions
regarding the audition process for the Color Guard should be directed to Chad Clum,
UT Color Guard Instructor: UTColorguard@aol.com.
- Dancing Rockettes - Check-out the Rockettes page! Questions regarding the audition process and future auditions for the Rockettes
should be directed to Devon Sullivan, UT Dancing Rockettes Instructor: email@example.com.
- Feature Twirlers - Auditions for the 2015 season will be held on Saturday, May 2nd at 10:00am in Savage
Arena. To register, complete the registration form and email it to Paula St. John at firstname.lastname@example.org. Additional information about audition requirements, attire, and adjudication can
be found here. If you have further questions regarding Feature Twirler auditions, please contact
RMB Twirling Coordinators Paula St. John: 419-279-1665, email@example.com or Lauren St. John: 419-654-6492, Lstjohn1202@gmail.com.
2015 RMB Leadership
Congratulations to Jake Cassidy and Adam Miller on their successful auditions to serve
as the drum majors for the 2015 RMB! Section Leader applications are due Wednesday,
April 15. Interviews will be held April 16 & 17.