THE ROCKET MARCHING BAND
ROCKET MARCHING BAND
The University of Toledo Rocket Marching Band is one of the largest and most visible student groups on campus! With over 220 musicians, dancers, twirlers, and color guard, the RMB is a positive source of pride and school spirit for you as well as the entire UT community. It's a GREAT time to get involved! Remember that The RMB:
- Is open to ALL UT students, regardless of major. Engineering, Pharmacy, and Nursing students represent a large number of The RMB's ranks.
- Offers an automatic $1,000 Scholarship for participation! In addition, extra scholarship / stipend monies are available.
- Does NOT charge extra fees for participation. All expenses involved with RMB participation are covered: travel, meals, uniform cleanings, etc.
- Is a class, which provides a 1-hr. elective credit that will count toward ANY degree.
- Performs in the BEST venue in the MAC. The Glass Bowl seats 35,000 and hosts some of the most exciting college football in the country.
Information for the 2016 Season
Preparations for the 2016 edition of the ROCKET MARCHING BAND (RMB) are underway. If you will be attending The University of Toledo this fall and are planning to participate in the RMB, be sure to: (1) Complete the online Intent to March form and (2) register for the marching band when scheduling your classes. Information packets will be emailed over the summer to everyone who has completed the 2016 Intent to March form and to all members of the 2015 RMB. This information will also be posted below. Over the summer, personnel lists will be sent to each of the 2016 RMB Section Leaders, who will be contacting members of their sections to confirm participation and answer questions. If you have ANY questions about participation in the RMB, please contact the UT Bands Office at 419-530-2217 or contact the director at Andrew.Rhodes@utoledo.edu.
2016 INFORMATION WILL BE POSTED WHEN AVAILABLE
FOR REFERENCE: 2015 RMB Training Camp Mailer
FOR REFERENCE: Tentative 2015 RMB Season Schedule
2016 Audition Information
The RMB holds auditions for all sections within the band. EVERYONE should complete the online Intent to Marchform.
- Woodwinds & Brass - Once you are on our Intent to March list, you will be sent a packet in late spring/early
summer containing more detailed audition information, as well as audition music and
other information you will need to know prior to coming to training week. Questions
regarding the audition process for woodwinds & brass should be directed to Andrew
Rhodes, UT Director of Athletic Bands: email@example.com.
- Drumline- Audition Clinics for the 2016 season will held throughout the spring. Dates & times
are TBA. Questions regarding the workshops and audition process for the drumline should
be directed to Drew Parent, UT Drumline Director: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Color Guard- Audition Clinics for the 2016 season will be held throughout the spring and summer.
Dates & times are TBA. Questions regarding the audition process for the Color Guard
should be directed to Chad Clum, UT Color Guard Instructor: UTColorguard@aol.com.
- Dancing Rockettes - Auditions for the 2016-17 season will held throughout the spring. Dates & times
are TBA. Check-out the Rockettes page! Questions regarding the audition process and future auditions for the Rockettes
should be directed to Devon Sullivan, UT Dancing Rockettes Instructor: email@example.com.
- Feature Twirlers - Auditions for the 2016 season will be held in late April/early May. The exact
date is TBA. All interested candidates should read the Information Sheet and submit a completed Candidate Form to the UT Twirling Coordinator by April 15, 2016. If you have questions regarding
future Feature Twirler auditions, please contact Katie Muczynski, UT Twirling Coordinator:
2015 RMB Leadership
Congratulations to the Student Leadership of the 2015 Rocket Marching Band!
Drum Majors – Jake Cassidy & Adam Miller
Piccolo – Jessica Heishman
Clarinet – Harold Bollin
Alto Saxophone – Zachary Guzan
Tenor Saxophone – Shawn Richards
Mellophone – Elizabeth Ohtola
Trumpet – Logan Alexander, Dylan Cramer, Kyle Kissner (lead)
Trombone – Trey Coburn
Baritone – Alexandria Miller
Sousaphone – Hannah Yaussy
Drumline – Zach Bodenmiller (snare/lead), Michael Amos (tenor), Cameron Bublick (bass)
Color Guard – Jessica Moore & Andrew Roberts
Dancing Rockettes – Roxy Balukh & Amanda Zolcak