Department of Music
|UT vs. Arkansas State
7pm Kickoff, ESPN3
UT vs. Kent State
|14||UT Bands Concert
Symphonic Band &
featured guest, Tom Szor
7pm, Doermann Theater
UT vs. Eastern Michigan
|For more events click here.|
Welcome to the UT Band Program
The Band Program at The University of Toledo offers a variety of performance and educational opportunities for all university students. Whether you are interested in pursuing a degree in music, or are simply looking to continue with music as a source of entertainment and self-growth, it's an exciting time to be involved.
News & Updates
- BAND DAY with the 2015 Rocket Marching Band will be held Saturday, September 26, when the Rockets play host to Arkansas State
University. Visit the Band Day page for details and registration.
- ALUMNI BAND The UT Bands and UT Alumni Association welcome back our RMB Alumni this year at Homecoming
- Friday and Saturday, October 9 & 10. Information and Registration is available.
- RMB MEMBER FOR A DAY Come see what all the excitement is about! If you are a high school senior and interested in marching in the 2016 RMB, consider joining us as guests at the game on Tuesday, November 3 when the Rockets host MAC rival - Northern Illinois University. REGISTER HERE. To see other opportunities to attend a game with the band, click here.
- Music Department Scholarship and Program Entrance Auditions for Fall 2016 are scheduled for February 20 & 27, and March 19. Schedule your audition online today. Visit our Auditions page, or contact the UT Department of Music for more information - 419.530.2448.
THE ROCKET MARCHING BAND
The University of Toledo Rocket Marching Band is one of the largest and most visible student groups on campus! With over 180 musicians, dancers, color guard, and majorettes, the RMB is a positive source of pride and school spirit for you as well as the entire UT community. Auditions for the RMB Drumline, Color Guard, Feature Twirler, and Dancing Rockettes will begin in April of 2015. There are no formal auditions for wind players. If you plan to attend UT next fall and are interested in joining the Rocket Marching Band, visit the RMB page for more information.
WIND ENSEMBLE & SYMPHONIC BAND
The concert ensembles are a vibrant part of the Department of Music and the Band Program at UT. The Wind Ensemble (auditioned) and the Symphonic Band perform several concerts throughout the year. Both ensembles are open to all UT students, regardless of major. Whether you want to be challenged as a player or just want to have fun playing music, we have an ensemble for you.