Civil and Environmental Engineering


main menu



Contact Us

Main Campus
3006 Nitschke Hall
Mail Stop 307
2801 W. Bancroft St.
Toledo, OH 43606-3390
Phone: (419) 530-8120
Fax: (419) 530-8116

Transfer Students

All transfer students must meet the following criteria in order to transfer into Civil Engineering:

  • Cumulative GPA of 2.75 or higher for all postsecondary coursework
  • Grade of C or better in CHEM 1230 General Chemistry I
  • Grade of C or better in MATH 1850 Calculus I

Please refer to Transfer Student Admissions for more details on admission requirements for students that wish to transfer from another college or university.

Most transfer students begin the transfer process by investigating whether or not their credits will transfer from one institution to another. Thanks to a website called U.Select, you can do this on your own. However, if you need help, or have more detailed questions, please contact the Civil Academic Program Coordinator.

To use U.Select, simply visit and click on Ohio. Then proceed as follows:

  1. Click on "Guest Login" and then "Course Equivalency Guides"
  2. Choose "Ohio" and "The University of Toledo" as the institution you are transferring to
  3. Choose the state and the institution that you are transferring from
  4. Choose the subject area from the drop-down box

For example, if you are looking to see if your math course will transfer, click on the subject area at your school (such as "MATH" or "MTH") and U.Select will list the equivalent courses at the University of Toledo.

Note: when transfer credit is awarded, you will only receive the same number of credit hours awarded by the institution where the course was originally taken. If you receive less transfer credit for a course than its equivalent at the University of Toledo, you may be required to complete additional coursework to compensate for the credit hour shortfall.

Last Updated: 2/7/17