- Pathology Faculty
- Residents and Fellows
- Pathology Residency Program
- Pathologists' Assistant Program
- Experimental Pathology and Graduate Program
- Faculty positions available
- Contact Information
- Clinical Services in Pathology
- Electron Microscopy Facility
- Molecular Diagnostics Laboratory
- Clinical Microbiology Laboratory
- Pathology Home
Health Science Campus
Department of PathologyPhone: 419.383.3469 firstname.lastname@example.org
The University of Toledo College of Graduate Studies offers training as a Pathologists'
Assistant through an M.S.B.S Assistant in Pathology Program.
The program combines robust didactic studies with practical hands on experience in anatomic pathology, under the direct supervision of board certified pathologists and licensed pathologist assistants. During the program the students receive didactic instructions with physician assistants in anatomy, physiology and histology as well in pathology/clinical sciences courses with the medical students.
Our program also offers practical training in forensics as well as hospital autopsies in addition to surgical pathology. All our students work with their advisors on a scholarly project that culminates in a presentation at our annual scientific day. The program prepares the students for their licensing exam.
After certification they provide anatomic pathology services under the direction and supervision of a pathologist. They interact with pathologists in the same manner that physician’s assistant carry out their duties under the direction of physicians in surgical and medical practice.
1. 3.0 GPA (Exceptions can be made if the applicant has a terminal degree Ph.D., M.D., M.B.B.C.H.)
2. No GRE requirement
3. $45 application fee
4. 3 letters of recommendation
5. Passing TOEFL (only international students)
Application deadline is July 1st for Fall enrollment.
For more information please contact:
Dr. Amira Gohara: 419-383-4918 or email@example.com
- or -
Brae Hayes: firstname.lastname@example.org
A full catalog and description of the program is available here.
M.S.B.S Assistant in Pathology Program
University of Toledo College of Graduate Studies