Welcome to the LEC
- Lake Erie Center Home
- Our Mission
- Upcoming Events
- Faculty, Staff & Students
- News & Reports
- Education & Outreach
- Prospective Students
- NSF GK-12 Program
- NSF URM Program
- FOLEC (Friends of the LEC)
- UT Sustainability
- Natural Sciences & Mathematics
- Maps and Directions
- Contact Us
- View the summer 2013 LEC newsletter (PDF; 1.8 mb)
- Lake Erie Center Weather Station
- Check the Nowcast Water Quality Report for the Lake Erie Beach at Maumee Bay State Park
- View streaming video from our recent public lectures
- Learn about our new Environmental Sensor Network
6200 Bayshore Rd.
Oregon, OH 43616
Lake Erie Center Facilities
LEC Lab Cleaning
The Lake Erie Center utilizes an “outsourced” cleaning service. Their main functions are to sweep/mop/vacuum the floors in the public areas, classrooms, hallways, and offices. They also remove regular trash and clean and stock the restrooms.
Due to the nature of the contract between UT and the cleaning service the cleaning crews are not trained or authorized to work in the research labs. They can sweep the central corridors in the lab bays and remove office trash from there if the cans are placed adjacent to these central corridors. This is now scheduled for Fridays.
Hazardous trash should be disposed of properly. The LEC has three red bins in LEC-110 (the autoclave room) for everyone’s
use. There are
broken glass boxes
available as well as “Sharps” containers. Lab users are responsible for their own lab floors and counters. Brooms and mops are centrally located in the lab areas and cleaning solutions and paper towels can be gotten in the kitchen.