Graduate or Professional Student

You’ve accepted your financial aid and started classes. Now what?

Now you want to make sure you keep your financial aid — this year and into the future.


Submit a new FAFSA every year.

Your eligibility and financial aid awards are determined for one year only. The FAFSA is available each year beginning in December.

Review the terms and conditions for all the aid you receive.

Every scholarship, loan, grant or work-study job comes with requirements that you need to fulfill to keep your aid. In the financial aid world, this is called “maintaining eligibility.” Be sure to go over the eligibility guidelines for all aid you receive.

Some scholarships may automatically renew, but only if you fulfill requirements.

Renewable scholarship terms and conditions

Two of the most important eligibility requirements are:

Enrollment requirements

Your financial aid package is based on full-time enrollment. Your aid package may be adjusted and/or you may be required to repay all or a portion of the aid you received if:

  • You drop below full-time status
  • Drop classes
  • Withdraw from classes
  • You don’t actively begin attending or participate in all of your registered classes

Bottom line: Know the ramifications on your financial aid before you choose to take any action that affects your enrollment.

Academic requirements

You must meet minimum academic standards to continue receiving federal and state aid. We call this “satisfactory academic progress” or SAP. If you have a tough semester and don’t meet the requirements, you can appeal the loss of your aid.

To see your academic progress status:
Go to myUT → Student Tab → My Financial Aid → Check Eligibility Status → Academic Progress → Aid Year


Sometimes financial circumstances change mid-year. You may lose a job or have an unexpected emergency. Or we could be in the middle of a pandemic that upends everything!

Don’t be afraid to ask for help.

Apply for emergency funds. All you need to do is fill out a Rocket Aid application. The UToledo team will work with you to identify options to assist you. This includes funding available through federal relief programs and donors.

  • Rocket Aid is an emergency financial assistance fund available to those experiencing financial hardship.

↑ Back to Top


Have Questions?

Ask Rocket Solution Central.

Rocket Solution Central — or RSC — is your one-stop answer shop for financial aid questions.

Call 419.530.8700
Monday - Wednesday and Friday 8:30 a.m. - 4:45 p.m.
Thursday 10 a.m. - 4:45 p.m.
Visit 1200 Rocket Hall
Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.

No need to wait in line. Register through Rocket Q ahead of time or when you arrive. You'll receive wait-time updates and be notified when it's your turn.

Register by texting "University of Toledo" to 419.419.3430 or by entering your information online.

Financial Wellness

We could all use some help managing our money ― whether you’re a high school student, undergraduate or upperclassman ready to graduate.

UToledo's financial wellness team offers workshops, presentations and tools to help you improve your money management skills. You can even schedule an appointment with our counselor to discuss your personal financial plan.

  • How to pay for college
  • Managing student loans
  • Making a budget
  • And more
Financial Wellness Services
Last Updated: 6/27/24