6200 Bayshore Rd.
Welcome to the LEC
- Lake Erie Center Home
- Our Mission
- Upcoming Events
- Faculty, Staff & Students
- News & Reports
- Education & Outreach
- Prospective Students
- NSF GK-12 Program
- NSF URM Program
- FOLEC (Friends of the LEC)
- UT Sustainability
- Natural Sciences & Mathematics
- Maps and Directions
- Contact Us
- View the Winter/Spring 2014
LEC Newsletter (PDF, 1.7 mb)
- View our recent press releases
- Lake Erie Center Weather Station
- View streaming video from our recent public lectures
- Learn about our Environmental Sensor Network
6200 Bayshore Rd.
Oregon, OH 43616
|The Lake Erie Center is open to the public Monday-Friday from 9:00am-4:30pm. Weekly guided tours are offered on Wednesday at 10:00am (or by appointment -- 419-530-8364 or email@example.com) and generally take 30-45 minutes. Interested parties should meet in the lobby of the LEC.|
- Lake Erie Center Public Lecture: Dr. Chris Winslow, Ohio SeaGrant, Stone Laboratory, CLEAR, and GLAERC. "Lake Erie
critical issues (e.g., invasive species, harmful algal blooms, dredging, and coastal
economic development) and the work being done to address these concerns." Thursday, March 20, 2014, 7:00 pm. LEC room 155.
- Ph.D. dissertation defense: Betsy Bodamer Scarbro (advisor: Dr. Tom Bridgeman). Friday, March 21, 2014, 11:00 am. LEC room 155.
- 2014 Art Contest entries due: Friday, April 11, 2014. Click here for more information and instructions for entering the contest. Flyer (PDF)
- Lake Erie Center Public Lecture: Dr. Kristen DeVanna Fussell, Ohio State University. "Coping with human-driven environmental
stress: Perspective of an African Great Lakes fish." Thursday, April 24, 2014, 7:00 pm. LEC room 155.
- 2014 Photo Contest entires due: Friday, September 26, 2014. Click here for details and instructions.