|The Lake Erie Center is open to the public Monday-Friday from 9:00am-4:30pm. Weekly guided tours are offered on Wednesday at 10:00am (or by appointment -- 419-530-8364 or email@example.com) and generally take 30-45 minutes. Interested parties should meet in the lobby of the LEC.|
- Lake Erie Center's 2016 Photo Contest-Theme: "The Nature of Our Region, from Oak Openings to Maumee Bay." Amateur photo
buffs of all ages and skill levels are invited to participate. Color or black and
white photographs will be accepted. Entries are limited to three (3) per person. Prizes
will be awarded in multiple age categories, including a $25 prize for 1st place winners!
Deadline for submissions is Friday, October 21, 2016. For more information and contest
rules, visit-https://www.utoledo.edu/nsm/lec/events/photo_rules or contact 419-530-8360,
- 2016 Fall Lecture Series October 20, 2016, at 7 p.m. at the Lake Erie Center in room
155. Our featured speaker will be Dr. Amanda Haponski, an alumnus of UT and currently
a Post-Doctoral Research Fellow at the University of Michigan. Her talk is titled
"The past, present, and future of Lake Erie walleye: A genetics perspective." Hope
to see you at the LEC!
- 2016 Fall Lecture Series November 17, 2016, at 7 p.m. at the Lake Erie Center in room
155. Our featured speaker will be Dr. Jeanine Refsnider, Assistant Professor, Department
of Environmental Sciences. Her talk is titled "Can Reptiles Survive Climate Change?"
Please join us.
Free shuttle service from the main campus to LEC for all LEC Public Lectures- look for the white van at 6 p.m. on the south side of Bowman-Oddy Laboratories on Towerview Blvd. Van will depart for LEC at 6:15 p.m. *** Interested parties are asked to RSVP by the Tuesday prior to the lecture date at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that if we do not have more than two riders requesting the shuttle service it will be canceled for the given event. Requesters will be notified by email if the shuttle is canceled.