|The Lake Erie Center is open to the public Monday-Friday from 9:00am-4:30pm. Weekly guided tours are offered on Wednesday at 10:00am (or by appointment -- 419-530-8364 or email@example.com) and generally take 30-45 minutes. Interested parties should meet in the lobby of the LEC.|
- Naturalist Night- We are kicking off our 2016 Naturalist Series with Marquita Tillotson
of Nature's Nursery on Thursday, May 19 at 7 p.m. This is a kid friendly event and
will feature live animals and animal artifacts. Great family fun...come join us!
- Adopt-a-Beach™: LEC will partner with Barefoot Wine & Bubbly and the Alliance for
the Great Lake’s Adopt-a-Beach™ Program to clean the Maumee Bay State Park Lake Erie
Beach on June 3, 2016, starting at 4 p.m. After the cleanup volunteers 21 and older
will be invited to an after celebration. For questions about this event, contact Rachel
Lohner at firstname.lastname@example.org or 419-530-8364.
- Toledo Lucas County Public Library Ready to Read Program's van will be at the LEC
on Wednesday, June 15, 2016, from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Visit the literacy van to signup
for library cards and to check out library materials. The Ready to Read Program is
an outreach literacy program that provides training to parents to aid in preparing
children, birth to preschool, for kindergarten. For more information call 419-259-5350.
- Lake Erie Center's 2016 Photo Contest-Theme: "The Nature of Our Region, from Oak Openings
to Maumee Bay." Amateur photo buffs of all ages and skill levels are invited to participate.
Color or black and white photographs will be accepted. Entries are limited to three
(3) per person. Prizes will be awarded in multiple age categories, including a $25
Visa gift card for 1st place winners! Deadline for submissions is Friday, October
21, 2016. For more information and contest rules, visit-https://www.utoledo.edu/nsm/lec/events/photo_rules
or contact 419-530-8360, email@example.com.
- 2016 Summer Science Camps for students entering the 4th and 5th grades has two options available-Week long camp runs June 13-17 and a day camp on August 9. If you would like more information or to apply online click here.