|The Lake Erie Center is open to the public Monday-Friday from 9:00am-4:30pm. Weekly guided tours are offered on Wednesday at 10:00am (or by appointment -- 419-530-8364 or firstname.lastname@example.org) and generally take 30-45 minutes. Interested parties should meet in the lobby of the LEC.|
- Adopt-a-Beach™: LEC will partner with Barefoot Wine & Bubbly and the Alliance for the Great Lake’s
Adopt-a-Beach™ Program to clean the Maumee Bay State Park Lake Erie Beach on June
3, 2016, starting at 4 p.m. To register online at www.greatlakesadopt.org. For questions about this event, contact Rachel Lohner at email@example.com or 419-530-8364.
- Toledo Lucas County Public Library Ready to Read Program's van will be at the LEC on Wednesday, June 15, 2016, from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Visit the
literacy van to signup for library cards and to check out library materials. The Ready
to Read Program is an outreach literacy program that provides training to parents
to aid in preparing children, birth to preschool, for kindergarten. For more information
- Naturalist Night- Featuring UT graduate student, Sara Guiher on Wednesday, July 13, 2016, at 7 p.m.
her talk is titled "Neighborhood watch: learn to identify and manage invasive plants
in your yard." Come learn more about this engaging topic and how to help prevent the
spread of invasive plants in our region.
- Lake Erie Center's 2016 Photo Contest-Theme: "The Nature of Our Region, from Oak Openings
to Maumee Bay." Amateur photo buffs of all ages and skill levels are invited to participate.
Color or black and white photographs will be accepted. Entries are limited to three
(3) per person. Prizes will be awarded in multiple age categories, including a $25
prize for 1st place winners! Deadline for submissions is Friday, October 21, 2016.
For more information and contest rules, visit-https://www.utoledo.edu/nsm/lec/events/photo_rules
or contact 419-530-8360, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 2016 Summer Science Camps for students entering the 4th and 5th grades. Week long camp runs June 13-17 and a day camp on August 9. Sorry, both camps are full.