Department of Physics and Astronomy

M.S. degree on way to Ph.D

Students in the Ph.D. program who have passed the qualifying exam, taken all of the required core courses and also published at least one first-author paper can petition (along with a recommendation by their Ph.D. advisor) to receive an M.S. degree "en-route" to Ph.D.   

The M.S. in Physics will be granted once the full faculty have reviewed and approved their application. 

Last Updated: 8/9/23