Department of Music
7pm, CPA Room 1023
|12||Toledo Wind Orchestra
Rehearsals Begin, 4:00
UT Choirs, 2 Pianos & Percussion
3:00pm, Doermann Theater
|Dancing Rockette Auditions
|3||UT Wind Ensemble Concert
3:00pm, Doermann Theater
|For more events click here.|
Welcome to the UT Band Program
The Band Program at The University of Toledo offers a variety of performance and educational opportunities for all university students. Whether you are interested in pursuing a degree in music, or are simply looking to continue with music as a source of entertainment and self-growth, it's an exciting time to be involved.
News & Updates
- Toledo Wind Orchestra is Back! UT's Community Band is back, after a 2 year hiatus. With a goal and purpose of performing
some of the great works for winds and percussion of yesterday and today, the ensemble
resumes rehearsals on Sunday evenings, 4:00-6:00, beginning April 12, with it's first
concert scheduled for May 3. Information/Details
- Music Department Scholarship and Program Entrance Auditions for Fall 2015 have been completed. However, students that need to schedule a late
audition may still do so. Visit our Auditions page, or contact the UT Department
of Music for more information - 419.530.2448.
- Rocket Marching Band 2015. Online registration is now available! Visit the RMB page for more information and how you can be involved in our 2015 season.
- 2015 Majorette and Dancing Rockette Auditions will be held Saturday, May 2. Visit the RMB page for details.
- 2015 RMB Drumline Audition Clinics will be held Saturday, May 9, May 23, June 13 & June 27, 9:00am-3:00pm. Visit the RMB page for details.
- 2015 Color Guard Audition Clinics will be held Saturday, June 13 & July 18. Visit the RMB page for details.
- BAND DAY with the 2015 Rocket Marching Band will be held Saturday, September 26, when the Rocket play host to Arkansas State University. Visit the Band Day page for details and registration.
THE ROCKET MARCHING BAND
The University of Toledo Rocket Marching Band is one of the largest and most visible student groups on campus! With over 180 musicians, dancers, color guard, and majorettes, the RMB is a positive source of pride and school spirit for you as well as the entire UT community. Auditions for the RMB Drumline, Color Guard, Feature Twirler, and Dancing Rockettes will begin in April of 2015. There are no formal auditions for wind players. If you plan to attend UT next fall and are interested in joining the Rocket Marching Band, visit the RMB page for more information.
WIND ENSEMBLE & SYMPHONIC BAND
The concert ensembles are a vibrant part of the Department of Music and the Band Program at UT. The Wind Ensemble (auditioned) and the Symphonic Band perform several concerts throughout the year. Both ensembles are open to all UT students, regardless of major. Whether you want to be challenged as a player or just want to have fun playing music, we have an ensemble for you.