core mission areas
- Medical Student Career Advising
- Student Leadership & Professional Development
- Sponsored Events & Ceremonies
- Service Learning
- Health and Wellness
- Career Development Curriculum Project
- UTCOM HOME
- Academic Enrichment Center
- Academic Test Center
- COM Curriculum
- COM Policies
- Office of the Registrar
- Office of Student Financial Aid
- Student Health Insurance
- Student Health and Wellness
College of Medicine and Life Sciences - Office of Student Affairs (OSA)
Mulford Library Building - First Floor
3000 Arlington Avenue
Toledo, OH 43614
Summer Opportunities FOR MEDICAL CAREER DEVELOPMENT--
- Main Page
- UTCOM Opportunities
- Community Health Project (CHP)
- CHP Director Position
- Family Practice
- Medical Education
- Non-UTCOM Opportunities
- See: Summer Opportunities Catalog (Blackboard resource)
- - AAMC Careers in Medicine Clinical and Research Opportunities (AAMC sign-in required)
- CV preparation Resources
Summer Opportunities for Medical Career Development
This experience is an introduction to the research aspects of a medical career and
the ways in which modern research is conducted. The student will work side by side
with a faculty member, performing a variety of lab or clinical techniques and experiments.
Opportunities to participate in ongoing clinical research projects will also be available.
The work will vary with each student, depending on the research interests of the investigator.
College of Medicine Faculty are invited to submit applications for student summer
research which are then reviewed by the Summer Research Committee. If students have
an area of interest, they can contact a faculty member to request that they submit
an application identifying them as the summer student on the project. The list of
approved research projects will be available February - March. Each student will be required to submit an abstract and participate in a Summer Research
Symposium at the end of the program (dates to be determined).
**This is a UTCOM sponsored academic program and as such you will be eligible to receive liability insurance through The University of Toledo**
Program Duration: 10 weeks
Compensation: $9 hourly rate/up to 40 hours per week
- UTCOM medical students who are in good academic standing.
- Number of participants selected will be determined by available funding.
- Students may only participate in one of the UTCOM Summer Educational Opportunities, but may apply to multiple programs.
- Search available research projects/contact faculty for specific project
- Applicants must complete a FAFSA form to determine eligibility for Federal Work Study funding.
For More Information Contact:
Assistant Director for Student Professional Development
Office of Student Affairs
Phone: (419) 383-6058