- Environmental Sciences Home
- Career Paths & Opportunities
- Undergraduate Program
- Graduate Program
- Faculty, Staff, Students
- Faculty Research Interests
- Facilities & Research Equipment
- Alumni Spotlight
- Student Researchers in Action -- Videos
- Student Services
- DEPARTMENT RESOURCES
- ES Seminar Schedule
- Computer Lab & MacBook Cart Reservations & Calendar
- District Science Day
TOLEDO PEREGRINE PROJECT
- Our Department is proud the host the Toledo Peregrine Project with live audio/video of the peregrine falcon nest at the top of University Hall! Learn about falcons and support the fal-cam!
- College of Natural Sciences & Mathematics (NSM)
- NSM College Catalog
- UT Academic Calendar
- UT Campus Map (PDF)
Wolfe Hall Suite 1235
2801 West Bancroft St.,
Mail Stop #604
Toledo, Ohio 43606-3390
Thesis and Dissertation Committee Meetings with Graduate Students
All MS and PhD students, regardless of whether they have a teaching or research assistantship, are required to meet with their research committees at least once every academic year until graduation (the final committee meeting for the thesis/dissertation defense does not count). Only the resident UT faculty members on these committees need be present at these meetings. The purpose of the meetings is to allow committees to gauge the student’s research progress and to allow students to benefit from the collective advice of their committee.
The student’s research adviser (i.e., committee chair) will report the occurrence of each year’s meeting to the departmental Graduate Adviser. Students are responsible for maintaining their own record of these meetings in order to gauge their compliance with this policy.
Continued financial support for a student is contingent upon their making good academic progress in their program of study, and meeting with their committee every year is part of the expected progress. It is also expected that faculty research advisers will make all reasonable efforts to see that their students adhere to this requirement.
This policy will be applied to all students currently in the graduate program irrespective of when they entered.