Advanced Housing Refund Policy:
Academic Year 2016-2017
- The $40 application fee is non-refundable.
- The $100 pre-payment (deposit) is refundable in full if a contract cancellation is received by 5 p.m. on May 1.
- If you cancel after 5 p.m. on May 1, there is no refund. In the event you did not pay a pre-payment (deposit), a $100 cancellation fee will be assessed.
McComas Village Academic Year 2016-2017
The $40 application fee is non-refundable.
- If you cancel prior to 5 p.m. on May 1, no cancellation fee will be assessed.
- If you cancel after 5 p.m. on May 1, a $100 cancellation fee will be assessed.
Application-Contract Cancellation BEFORE the first day of classes:
If a student wishes to cancel his/her contract prior to the start of the housing contract period, he/she must do so in writing via email to the Office of Residence Life at email@example.com by no later than 9 a.m. on the first day of classes to avoid being charged housing fees.
If a student new to the institution does not plan to attend UT, he/she must cancel prior to start of the first day of classes by logging into the myUT portal, clicking the "New Student" tab, selecting "New Student Not Planning to Attend" and completing the necessary steps to process the cancellation. After the start of classes, all students please submit a written request as outlined above.
Application-Contract Cancellation on or AFTER the first day of classes:
Once the contract period begins, a resident must submit a contract release request form no less than 14 business days prior to the end of the semester.
If a resident is no longer enrolled at the University, he/she will be responsible
1. Room charges through their check-out date
If a currently enrolled student has checked into the residence hall and is granted
a contract release before the end of the contract term, he/she will be responsible
1. Room charges through the end of the semester, plus
2. $100 non-negotiable cancellation fee for students enrolled for the academic year (exceptions may apply)*
If a currently enrolled student has checked into the residence hall and is not granted
a contract release or is removed for disciplinary reasons before the end of the contract
term, he/she will be responsible for:
1. Room charges through the remainder of the contract ending in May
*Students who are graduating, participating in an academic program requirement which requires them to move away from Toledo (study abroad, co-op, internship etc.), active duty deployment or academic dismissal from the University will be released from their contract upon filing a contract release request form and submitting supporting documents, and will not be charged the non-negotiable cancellation fee.
The cancellation is effective the date the checkout process is completed or the cancellation is approved, whichever is later