The mission of the Department of Accounting at The University of Toledo is to develop successful accounting professionals, produce high-quality intellectual contributions, and advance collaborative relationships with local businesses and professional organizations.
We accomplish this by:
- Providing a student-focused and technology-oriented learning culture that enables students to be successful in a competitive business environment.
- Helping students develop core accounting principles, make ethical choices, develop critical thinking and communication skills, and apply innovative solutions to business problems.
- Linking students to the accounting profession through student organizations, student mentorship programs, and internships.
- Involving the Accounting Advisory Council, alumni, and the business community in department programs, student events and placement activities.
- Making intellectual contributions through discipline-based, practice, and pedagogical research that enhances the classroom, the profession, and academia.
- Supporting faculty through mentoring, collaborating with colleagues inside and outside of COBI, and providing a peer feedback process to improve teaching and research.
- Providing service to the accounting profession, business community, academic organizations, the college, and the university.