The Center for Creative Instruction (CCI) is part of The University of Toledo Division of External Affairs, partnering closely with division departments that include University Communications, University Marketing, Diversity, University of Toledo Medical Center Marketing and Eberly Center. The efforts of CCI also support enrollment management, student services, colleges, departments, athletics, faculty research, and grants activities.
Formed in 1993, CCI is a member of the New Media Consortium (www.nmc.org) and has been recognized as a NMC Center of Excellence. It has won numerous national, regional and local awards for the innovative and creative work by the CCI team.
CCI is a team of web and multimedia experts in educational and medical technology shaping the future of teaching and learning at the University of Toledo. The highly collaborative team drives innovation by:
- Building effective solutions that transforms learning;
- Developing and providing new media and web technology support that enable faculty and staff to most effectively carry out the strategic efforts of the University;
- Supporting the UT and UT Health brand and web presence with cutting-edge web technology and media solutions that directly drive enrollment, retention and the patient experience;
- Researching new technology that contributes to improving the human condition;
- Inspiring and supporting research and entrepreneurial work with faculty, staff, students, and business partners that strengthens the university’s leadership in the local, regional and national economy.
CCI also has a history of entrepreneurial activities involving technology-related product development, including commercial activity supported by Rocket Innovations and a long-standing relationship with McGraw-Hill Education that has included the successful Anatomy & Physiology Revealed: Human, Cat, and Pig product series.