|The University of Toledo|
The mission of the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry is:
- To present outstanding teaching and the highest quality education to students at all levels and in all disciplines
- To develop and maintain leading research programs with national and international reputations, both in support of our teaching programs and to add to the scientific and technological base of the State of Ohio and the Nation
- To advance the development of teaching and research qualifications of the Faculty
- To improve our already active and high quality graduate programs with emphasis in biochemistry and materials science
- To serve the University, the Community, and Society through the unique experiences and talents found in the department.
Our day-to-day and our long-term activities are guided by this mission.