Office of the Registrar

Ohio In-State Residency: C8 (Forever Buckeye)

If you graduated from an Ohio high school, left Ohio and returned to Ohio...

OBR rules state, “The rules of the chancellor for determining student residency shall grant residency status to a person who, while a resident of the state for state subsidy and tuition surcharge purposes, graduated from a high school in the state, if the person enrolls in an institution of higher education and establishes domicile in the state, regardless of the student’s residence prior to that enrollment.”

Required documentation:

  • An original copy of your Ohio high school transcript or verification of your graduation on the high school’s letterhead stationery
  • A copy of a lease, mortgage agreement or property deed which includes date of occupancy establishing residency in Ohio
  • A copy of your birth certificate.  If you are not a U.S. citizen, you must attach a copy of supporting documents establishing your current immigration or Visa status. 

Note: A copy of your high school diploma is not sufficient proof of high school graduation. The program does not apply to students who received GEDs.

The above is not an all-inclusive list.  Provide all documents noted on the Ohio In-State Residency Application for review and include the documentation listed above. Any additional information required to confirm residency status would be requested through your University email account. 



Have Questions?

Email for Main Campus Students
Email for Health Science Campus Students
Call Rocket Solution Central 419.530.8700
Monday - Wednesday and Friday 9 a.m. - 4:45 p.m.
Thursday 10 a.m. - 4:45 p.m.
Visit Rocket Solution Central 1200 Rocket Hall
Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.

Rocket Hall is located near the corner of Secor Rd. and Dorr St.
View Main Campus map.
Last Updated: 6/27/22