Direct from High School Students
Congratulations on your acceptance to The University of Toledo!
We are very excited that you have chosen to pursue your education at UT. Our goal is to ensure that you have the necessary tools and information to successfully begin your educational journey. The first step towards success begins with orientation!
As an admitted new student for spring 2017, you have the option of completing orientation
online or attending an orientation program on campus. An on campus orientation is
a one-day, program where students will have the opportunity to pick up a student ID
(Rocket Card), meet with an academic adviser, register for courses, and learn about
the many opportunities that UT offers both inside and outside of the classroom. Students
are able to bring up to two guests for free to the program (additional guests over
age 12 will be charged $25 to cover the cost of meals and materials).
Make sure you carefully read all information on this website, which will guide you through program registration process. You are not finished with the process until you have completed the following steps:
- Activate your UTAD account.
- Enter the myUT Portal and click on "Orientation" on the New Student tab. Click on the sticky note icon to register for an orientation program date through the online reservation system.
- Complete all required placement tests prior to attending orientation.
- Submit a photo online to obtain Student ID (Rocket Card). If attending orientation in person, you will be able to pick up your student ID at the program. If completing the online orientation, you will need to pick up your student ID from Student Union Room 1550.
- Review Treasurer Office Forms (FERPA Consent, Title IV Consent, Transfer Excess Financial Aid to the Rocket Card, Direct Deposit Authorization) located on the New Student tab.
- Complete your orientation requirement.
On behalf of The University of Toledo community, we welcome you and look forward to meeting you at orientation. Please feel free to call the Office of New Student Orientation Programs at 419.530.1267 or toll-free at 877.752.0005 if you have any questions.
Office of New Student Orientation Programs