Connect With Us
Resources and Links
- Blackboard/WebCT Login
- College Catalog
- Career Series Bulletin
- Drug Information Resources
- Experiential Education
- Honors Program
- Library/Learning Resources
- Research Opportunities for CPPS Students
- Student Affairs
- Student Organizations
Main and Health Science CampusesWolfe Hall 1227 (MC)
Frederic and Mary Wolfe Center 155 (HSC)
Phone: 419.383.1904 email@example.com
CPPS and YOU
- Welcome from the Associate Dean
- Academic Programs and Residencies
- Contingent Admission
- Entering Freshman Admission Information
- Health Professions Living Learning Community
- Honors Program
- P1 Class Profile
- Pharmacy Summer Camp
- Professional Division Admission Criteria
- Transfer Student Admission Information
- CPPS Viewbook
- Visit Us
Students transferring to the University of Toledo College of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences from another university within Ohio must have at least a 2.7 cumulative Higher Education (HiEd) GPA, although a cumulative Higher Education GPA of at least a 3.2 is highly recommended.
- Students with course work from non-Ohio institutions will be evaluated on an individual basis. Such applicants with a GPA below a 3.0 are rarely considered for admission.
- Application deadlines for transfer admission are May 1st for the fall and summer semesters and December 1st for spring semester.
- Transfer FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) and online brochure provide additional information.
Programs of Study
There are two entry-level degree options available in the College of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences:
- The Bachelor of Science in Pharmaceutical Sciences (BSPS) program prepares students for medical school, for careers in health care or research, and for graduate education.
- The Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) program prepares students to become licensed pharmacists.
All transfer students will enter the College of Pharmacy & Pharmaceutical Sciences in the first or second year of the preprofessional division. Transfer students are not automatically admitted into the professional division, regardless of credits earned at other institutions.
Transfer students can be admitted into either the first or second year of the preprofessional division, depending on the number of science-related courses already successfully completed. Transfer students can expect to matriculate for a minimum of three years for the BSPS degree or five years for the PharmD degree. Transfer students are considered second-year students if a full year of the appropriate general chemistry and biology courses (with all labs) have been taken. College faculty evaluates courses for equivalencies, and transfer students must submit syllabi for evaluation if they are requested.
Transfer students with a strong cumulative and science GPA are required to take a minimum of 16 graded semester hours at UT before being eligible to apply to the Professional Division. Functional Anatomy and Pathophysiology must be taken at UT, as the college does not accept transfer credits for these courses from other institutions.
Students must apply to the professional division of the program (BSPS or PharmD) upon completing the required preprofessional division prerequisite coursework. Admission to the Professional Division is competitive. The prerequisite coursework for both programs is very similar.
|Find out more about transferring. Talk to José Treviño.|
My name is José Treviño and I am the Director of Transfer Services and Recruitment for the College of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences here at the University of Toledo.
I work with all students, parents, teachers and guidance counselors who have questions regarding our programs, and I focus on assisting transfer students who may have prior academic history. I am able to look at your transcripts and give you an idea of what you need to do next if to pursue a pharmacy or pharmaceutical science degree at UT.
You are welcomed to forward an electronic copy of your transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org. Next, call 419.383.1904 and ask for an appointment with me via phone, Skype or in person.
I look forward to assisting you with all your questions regarding all our programs in the College of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences. GO ROCKETS!