The mission of the Office of Dean of Students is to ensure that students accomplish
their educational and personal goals within the context of
the broader academic purpose of the University. The Office of Dean of Students promotes
the development of, and enhances the educational
experience for, students through intentionally designed cocurricular opportunities
and through institutional policy development on students'
The Office is dedicated to supporting the mission of The University of Toledo:
The mission of The University of Toledo is to improve the human condition; to advance knowledge through excellence in learning, discovery and engagement; and to serve as a diverse, student-centered public metropolitan research university.
The core values are:
- Compassion, Professionalism and Respect: Treat every individual with kindness, dignity and care; consider the thoughts and ideas of others inside and outside of the University with a strong commitment to exemplary personal and institutional altruism, accountability, integrity and honor;
- Discovery, Learning and Communication: Vigorously pursue and widely share new knowledge; expand the understanding of existing knowledge; develop the knowledge, skills and competencies of students, faculty, staff and the community while promoting a culture of lifelong learning;
- Diversity, Integrity and Teamwork: Create an environment that values and fosters diversity; earn the trust and commitment of colleagues and the communities served; provide a collaborative and supportive work environment, based upon stewardship and advocacy, that adheres to the highest ethical standard;
- Engagement, Outreach and Service: Provide services that meet students' and regional needs and where possible exceed expectations; be a global resource and the partner of choice for education, individual development and health care, as well as a center of excellence for cultural, athletic and other events;
- Excellence, Focus and Innovation: Strive, individually and collectively, to achieve the highest level of focus, quality and pride in all endeavors; continuously improve operations; engage in reflective planning and innovative risk-taking in an environment of academic freedom and responsibility; and
- Wellness, Healing and Safety: Promote the physical and mental well-being and safety of others, including students,
and staff; provide the highest levels of health promotion, disease prevention, treatment
and healing possible for those in need within the
community and around the world.