- Contact Us
- Community Awareness
- Crime Awareness
- Community Policing
- Night Watch
- Healthy Boundaries
- RAD Program
- Police Services
- Team Policing
- Bike Patrol
- Security Officers
- Lost and Found
- Job Opportunities
- Important Information
- Crime / Fire Logs
- Daily Case Log
- Timely Warnings
- Keeping UT Safe (video)
- Metro Toledo Crime Map
Right to Know/Clery Act
- Annual Security Report
- Sexual Assault Policy
- Crime Statistics
- Timely Warning
- Sex Offenders
- Harassment Information
- Campus Security Authorities
- Title IX Information
Police/Fire/Medical Response: 419.530.2600
Main Campus Non-Emergency: 419.530.2601
Health Science Non-Emergency: 419.383.2601
- Anonymous Reporting
- Emergency Preparedness
- Fingerprinting / Background Checks
- Key Control
- HSC Card Access Request
- Request a Copy of a Police/Accident Report
- Links & FAQs
- Parking Enforcement
- UT Alert Sign Up and Account Maintenance
The University Police Department also includes over twelve (12) Security Officers assigned to the Health Science Campus. Security Officers are uniformed, un-armed individuals who provide an additional layer of safety and customer services. The staff works out of room 007 in the basement of the Mulford Library.
All Security Officers are trained in the use of the departmental Automated Records Management System (ARMS) / Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD). Additionally, Security Officers are certified in the use of the state Law Enforcement Automated Data System (LEADS) and the National Crime Information Center (NCIC) computer. They are responsible for answering all incoming phone calls to the police department’s Health Science communications center (419.383.2601) and for requesting the appropriate public safety crews.
Security Officers make routine foot patrols of all buildings on the Health Science Campus as well as patrolling the parking lots at HSC. They actively monitor the campus for any suspicious activity, safety hazards, and unsecured areas. Security Officers assist the campus community by providing directions; safety escorts to individuals; assisting police officers; and conducting monthly fire drills and security checks of all buildings on HSC.
NEW POSITION OPENING: CLOSED
HEALTH SCIENCE CAMPUS SECURITY OFFICER (Full-Time)
The University of Toledo Office of Public Safety
NOTICE TO SECURITY OFFICER CANDIDATES WHO MEET MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Candidates who meet minimum qualification criteria will be asked to review and complete both the Candidate Literature Packet and the Candidate Personal History Questionnaire. NOTE: Before completing, please review DISQUALIFYING CRITERIA . If at any time you do not wish to continue in our selection process, please complete the Waiver of Appointment form and submit to Lt. Tressa Johnson.
1. 'Candidate Literature Packet (Review, print only required sections and return with
'Personal History Questionnaire')
2. ‘Personal History Questionnaire’ (Review, print, complete all sections and return)
*Note: The ‘Personal History Questionnaire’ should be completed entirely with no omissions. Should a section of the questionnaire not apply to you, denote this by ‘DNA.’
3. The ‘Personal History Questionnaire’ should be submitted via U.S. Mail or in person on or before Sunday, April 7, 2013 by 2:00 PM / EST. If submitting via U.S. Mail, please address to Lt. Johnson at the below listed address. Additionally, any questions may be directed to Lt. Johnson at (419)530.2158 or email@example.com.
The University of Toledo Police Department
Attn: Lt. Tressa Johnson
2801 West Bancroft Street - Mail Stop 207
Toledo, Ohio 43606.3390
The Security Officer works closely with the University of Toledo Police to provide a safe and secure environment for all people and property. The Security Officer is always aware of their surroundings, watching for any type of illegal occurrences, fire or other hazardous conditions. The Security Officer is responsible for the dispatch center on the Health Science Campus and to protect and serve the UT/UTMC community. The Security officer at all times must adhere to hospital policies and procedures as well as addresses patient safety, performance improvement, and quality of care issues. The Security Officer must adhere to UTMC's Customer Service values & iCare Standards at all times. The Security Officer must attend and follow all department specific safety education and training in an effort to create a safe work environment. The position has rotating days off every 4 months.
Work is performed inside and outside of the facility. Security Officers will also have to perform in inclement weather at times. During adverse weather conditions the outside portion of the job is still performed in the manner as it is in normal weather conditions. Potential exposure to injury while intercepting or restraining individuals.
1. High school diploma or GED required.
2. Valid driver's license and insurability required. (DRIVING
APPLICATION FORM REQUIRED AT TIME OF APPLICATION/BID)
3. Learn the University of Toledo computer system.
4. Train and become certified in the LEADS/NORIS system.
5. Train and become proficient in the 900 MHz Kenwood and 800 MHz Motorola radio systems, CSI Computer system, ARMS record management system, AIMS parking system, Pro-Watch system, CCTV system, and other computers and or/equipment.
6. Obtain CPR certification within 30 days of hire.
7. Become trained and certified in Professional Assault Crisis
8. Complete training/ become proficient in incident entry into the departmental Automated Records Management System (ARMS) / Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD).
1. Successful completion of pre-employment background check & other screenings (human resources pre-employment and department).
2. Completion of pre-employment Psychological exam (offer of employment tentative - department to determine continuation of hire based on results).
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
Must have proven dependability and consistency.
Must possess the physical ability to walk long distances, perform in inclement weather, and perform daily repetitive duties.
Must be able to function effectively in an organization where services are provided to multiple departments and in multiple locations.
Must posses Honesty, Integrity and Trustworthiness to the highest degree.
Must be an excellent communicator with good listening skills, strong writing skills, and polished oral presentation skills, and who is able to relate effectively with all constituencies.
1) Visual acuity of 20/20 or corrected to 20/20 including color vision when applicable; 2) Ability to hear (with or without aides); 3) Ability to orally communicate; 4) Good manual dexterity; 5) Ability to push, pull, roll, and transfer/lift 200 pounds occasionally; 6) Ability to stand, walk frequently; 7) ability to bend, reach, stoop, kneel frequently; and 8) Ability to perform CPR (if required for the position)