Current Online Students
- Get Started
- Course Schedules
- Blackboard Toolkit
- Download Center
- Student Services
- Test Proctoring
- Intro to Online Learning
- Faculty Online Teaching Readiness Survey
- Course Design
- Multimedia Production
- Quality Standards
- Test Proctoring
Memorial Field House
Mail Stop 129
Logging in to Blackboard (your online learning course):
- Go to https://blackboard.utdl.edu
- Enter your Blackboard ID and password where indicated, and click log in. If you have not obtained your username, or set your password, please see the instructions at the bottom of this page* "Instructions for Activating Your Login Account."
- Complete “A Guide to UT On-Line Learning,” found on your Blackboard (Bb) home page and if needed review our Blackboard video tutorials
- Once the semester begins, click on a course.
We think you will find it helpful to complete steps 1-3, before the semester begins.
Note: Prior to the start of the semester you will only have access to review the Blackboard (Bb) orientation course, “A Guide to UT On-Line Learning.” Your course(s) will appear in Blackboard on their scheduled start date(s).
A few instructors require students to come to campus to meet in-person or for testing; this will be detailed in your syllabus. The courses that we know require on-site testing, or face-to-face meetings, are indicated with a "V" on the schedule page. Also, if your course instructor permits off-site proctored testing, indicated with a "P," please review the following policy requirements. Be sure to review your syllabus carefully for these requirements or contact your instructor if you have questions.
Social Media News
Please friend us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter. Incorporating these social networking opportunities into your learning activities will help spread important news, helpful hints, items of interest and innovative learning.
Please feel free to offer suggestions, start a discussion, become a Fan of The Month, answer trivia questions, read our testimonials and offer your own, meet our staff and enjoy our videos.
- Help Desk for Technical Support/Help Desk Information.
- Technology Requirements, Adding, Dropping and Withdrawing from classes, the Academic Dishonesty Policy, the Responsible Use of Technology and where to order textbooks and course materials. Buy your textbooks early!
- Remember to check this site frequently for UT Online news and updates.
What is Blackboard?
Blackboard is an online course management system used by UT Online and it functions as your virtual classroom. Short tutorials are available here.
What if I forgot my username or password?
- Visit the Account Maintenance page to reset your password.
- Did you forget your answers to the “password hint” questions? The IT Service Request Line will help you. Call them to reset your password, 419.530.2400.
Can I get Bb on my phone?
Yes, many smart devices will be able to access Bb. Specifically, you can access your Blackboard course through the Blackboard Mobile Application from iPod, iPad, or Blackberry device. For more information on mobile access, please contact UT Online, 419.530.8835 (866.886.5336 toll free) or write firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why do my courses appear on the myUT Courses page, but not in Blackboard?
All of your courses appear in myUT Courses, including the online ones. But beginning on the official start date, the online courses will appear in Blackboard (Bb), as well. Remember that Blackboard (Bb) is where you will complete your online course work.
Student services and technical support - common problems
Can't log in to Bb?
- You must be registered for a course for the current term or have been approved to take an online placement test for the current term.
- When did you register? There is a delay of 1-2 working days between registration and log in access to your course on Bb.
Having difficulty when trying to access Blackboard from myUT?
- Go directly to the Blackboard (Bb9) All Terms Login page at https://blackboard.utdl.edu
Incorrect username or password error?
- Change your password at https://myutaccount.utoledo.edu/
Tuition and/or fee questions?
- Student Services for information regarding tuition and fees. Call Rocket Solution Central at 419.530.8700, for information.
Click on Login Help on the myUT main page (https://myUT.utoledo.edu) for instructions. Once you get your UTAD username, and set your password, your account is activated. Proceed to www.utoledo.edu/dl/ to log in to your Blackboard.
Activating your UTAD account will also activate your university email. Use your university email for all official communication with the University. Access your email at https://email.utoledo.edu or through myUT (https://myUT.utoledo.edu).
**University of Toledo Authentication Directory