Generally, examination schedules are published simultaneously with each semester's schedule. It is the responsibility of the student to select his/her schedule taking into account the final examination schedule. All requests for rescheduled examinations must be received by the Associate Dean for Academic Affairs by the announced date. For Fall 2016, the due date is Friday, October 21.
- A student absent from a final examination shall receive a grade of F unless such absence has been excused by the Associate Dean for Academic Affairs. Except in rare cases, such excuse will be granted only if the cause of the absence is reported prior to the examination.
- Authorization to reschedule examinations for compliance with the ADA will be coordinated through the offices of the Associate Dean, the Registrar, and the University of Toledo Student Disability Services.
- Rescheduling of examinations for personal reasons will generally be permitted only if those reasons relate to the health of the student or close family member, death of family member, or employment conflicts for students in the part-time program who have full-time employment.
- A student who has two examinations on two consecutive days may reschedule an exam if the start time for the second exam is less than 23 hours after the start time of the first exam. A student who has examinations on three consecutive days may reschedule an exam if the start time for the last exam is less than 49 hours after the start time of the first exam. If you have any questions about whether a particular exam would qualify for rescheduling by right, please see the Associate Dean for Academic Affairs as soon as your question arises.
- Examinations will be rescheduled by the Associate Dean for Academic Affairs in consultation with the faculty member and the student.
- It is the primary responsibility of the faculty member to administer all examinations, including rescheduled examinations and accommodated examinations. If the faculty member is unable to administer such an examination, the faculty member will work in conjunction with the student and the Registrar's Office to complete a Rescheduling Examination Form.