Resources and Links
- Blackboard/WebCT Login
- College Catalog
- Career Series Bulletin
- Drug Information Resources
- Experiential Education
- Honors Program
- Library/Learning Resources
- P1 Orientation
- Research Opportunities for CPPS Students
- Student Affairs
- Student Organizations
- The Mentoring Collaborative
Main and Health Science Campuses
Wolfe Hall room 1227, Phone: 419.530.2010
Frederic and Mary Wolfe Center room 155, Phone: 419.383.1904
- Industrial Pharmacy
- Admission Policy
- Printable Brochure
- Course Descriptions
- Graduate Catalog
- Monographs and Books
- Practicum Research Application
- Research Interests and Activities
- Laboratory for Product Design, Development & Evaluation (LPD2E)
- Status of Graduates
- Department of Pharmacy Practice
- Apply through the College of Graduate Studies
Mission of the Industrial Pharmacy Graduate Program
- Develop a basic understanding of five functional areas of pharmaceutics: chemistry, computer science, engineering, pharmaceutical manufacturing and data analysis.
- Apply knowledge from these five functional areas to a contemporary industrial pharmacy project.
- Offer the opportunity to apply this knowledge within a specific manufacturing setting. This can be likened to an internship-type experience.
The overall goal of the Master of Science in Pharmaceutical Sciences - Industrial Pharmacy Option at The University of Toledo College of Pharmacy & Pharmaceutical Sciences is to prepare students to assume pharmaceutical manufacturing positions performing a variety of specialized tasks including preformulation evaluation, dosage form design, and stability testing.
- Develop the student's ability to work effectively with colleagues, other scientists
and industrial professionals and administrators.
- Develop the student's ability to search for and interpret information applicable to
specific projects in pharmaceutical manufacturing.
- Foster problem-solving and decision-making skills that may be applied to the development,
testing and production of pharmaceutical dosage forms.
- Encourage the student to become involved in professional associations at national and regional levels where applicable.
Develop the student’s ability to determine the drug delivery designs for the future and the ability to meet these needs.
- Provide a focus on industrial pharmacy and drug dosage design that will provide a competitive edge in the pharmaceutical industry job market.
Graduates of the Masters Degree in Industrial Pharmacy go on to prestigious PhD programs throughout the United States as well as entry-level scientist positions in the pharmaceutical industry across the world.
Industrial Pharmacy Faculty
Dr. Kenneth Alexander
The University of Toledo
College of Pharmacy & Pharmaceutical Sciences
Industrial Pharmacy Division
3000 Arlington Ave., MS 1013
Toledo, OH 43614
Phone: (419) 383-1988
Fax: (419) 383-1950