- Applying for Housing
- Living on Campus
- About Res Life
- Residence Life Team
- Residence Halls
- Conferences and Camps
- Ask Rocky
- Campus Directory
- Campus Safety
- Center for Experiential Learning and Career Development
- UT Crisis Guide
- Distance and eLearning
- DSA Assessment
- First Year Experience
- Student Disability Services
- Office of Excellence
- Office of New Student Orientation Programs
- Office for the Student Experience
- Online Student Planner
- Outstanding Adviser Award
- Registration Dates/Info
- Student Handbook
- Student Code of Conduct
- Student Government
- Student Organization List
- Student Union
- Undergraduate Research
- University Police Dept.
- UT Dining and Hospitality
- Walk In Wednesday Advising
- Current resident housing applications for the 2014-15 academic year will be available online beginning October 30, 2013.
- Current residents can select to live in any of the residence halls, except Parks Tower, as this is a first-year only residence hall.
- Current residents must pay a $100 housing pre-payment (deposit) when applying for housing or their housing application will be canceled.
- The myUT housing application and pre-payment fee are required when you complete the online housing application and are payable through the myUT Portal.
- Before logging in to myUT portal, please read the 2014-2015 Housing Contract.
- Please note that the online myUT housing application is the only one that we offer. If you do not have access to a computer or need assistance with your application, please contact the staff in the Office of Residence Life, Ottawa House West – Room 1014; Tel: 419.530.2941.
THE APPLICATION PROCESS
- Read the 2014-2015 Housing Contract
- Access the housing application via the myUT portal by selecting "Apply for Housing" under the Student tab.
- Complete the necessary payment steps for the $100 housing pre-payment (deposit).
- Click the "here" hyperlink to log into the myUT Housing application.
- Click on "Application" tab on the top menu bar.
- Select the term (Academic Year 2014-2015).
- Refer to the "Application Menu" at the top of the application page for tasks necessary to complete the online housing application.
- Be sure to type in your initials on the Contract Signature page in order to sign and complete your housing application.
- Remember to log back into the housing portal to select your room at your assigned reservation timeslot. You will receive an email to your UT email address with your timeslot date and time.
IMPORTANT: If you decide to change rooms prior to June 2014, you will need to cancel the room reservation via the online myUT Housing application and select a new room. After June 2014, you are unable to change your room assignment until the third week of classes in September. Please choose carefully
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is myUT Housing?
myUT Housing is an online system that allows single, undergraduate students that have been admitted to The University of Toledo to complete an online housing application, make payments, search for and reserve a room, and search for and select a roommate.
How do I access myUT Housing?
myUT Housing is accessed through the myUT portal at http://myut.utoledo.edu. Log into your myUT portal using your UT username and password. Complete the necessary payment steps for the $100 housing pre-payment (deposit). Click the "here" hyperlink to log into the myUT Housing application. If you need assistance with your username and password, log on to http://myut.utoledo.edu/myut/myut_loginhelp.html.
What if I want to cancel?
If you no longer wish to live on campus, you will need to notify the Office of Residence Life in writing via email to email@example.com or fax to 419.530.2942 by no later than 9 a.m. on the first day of classes to cancel his/her contract without being charged housing fees. Please note that cancellation fees may apply. Once the contract period begins, a resident must submit a contract release request form no less than 14 days prior to the end of the semester.
How do I know my application is complete?
You can check your application status on the top of the myUT housing application. You must pay a $100 pre-payment (deposit) in order to access the application. You will be able to pay online via e-check and major credit card. If you cannot make payment online, please contact the Office of Residence Life, 419.530.2941 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
When will I choose my room reservation?
Room selection begins for returning residents on February 24, 2014. Students will receive a reminder via their Rocket email. *Please note the Office of Residence Life will send all correspondence to the student’s assigned UT email account (Rocket email). Information on how to activate this account can be found at http://myut.utoledo.edu/myut/myut_loginhelp.html.
When does the room reservation process start?
Room selection begins for returning residents on February 24, 2014. If you do not reserve your by June 2014, you will be automatically assigned a room based on space availability.
How do I find a roommate?
Make sure you complete the Personal Preferences Profile when applying for housing. Your profile answers will be compared to other applicant profiles and a list of potential roommates who match your profile will be generated. You may also search for a roommate by student number or name. Remember, only students who have applied for housing can be requested as roommates. You will be able to contact potential roommates through myUT Housing messaging or via Rocket email .
Once you have chosen a roommate, you must send a roommate request via myUT Housing. Once the roommate request has been accepted, the student with the earlier reservation time or the first to choose a completely empty room will pull the confirmed roommate into that room. Remember, even if you both have confirmed as roommates, you really aren’t roommates until a room has been reserved.
What if I don’t choose a roommate?
Choosing your roommate is optional. You can reserve a room you are interested in without going through the roommate process. At any time, you can view the profile of other students reserved in your room/suite. If you decide to change rooms prior to June 2014, you will need to cancel the room reservation via the online housing application and select a new room. After June 2014, you are unable to change your room assignment until the third week of classes in September. Please choose carefully.
Are there any fees for applying for housing?
Yes, all current residents are required to make a payment of $100 housing pre-payment (deposit).
What is the cost of housing for next year?
Housing fees are billed in July for the fall semester. Please click here to view housing rates for the academic year.
Can I mail in my payment?
No. All payments must be received online via the myUT Portal. If you can not make payment online, contact the Office of Residence Life at 419.530.2941 or email@example.com.
Can my financial aid cover the housing pre-payment (deposit)?
No. In order to secure a housing assignment, we need the payment at the time of the application. If you are on a full-ride scholarship or can not make payment online, contact the Office of Residence Life at 419.530.2941 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
What should I do if I cannot make the payment now?
Unfortunately, we cannot hold applications for payment and if we do not receive the required housing fee at the time of application, your application will be canceled. Please apply once you have the required fee.
Do I have to be on a meal plan?
Yes! All students living in the residence halls are required to have a meal plan, except students who live in McComas Village. Check out the Meal Plan Office page for meal plan options.