- Future Students
- Current Students
- About Us
- Residence Halls
- Conferences and Guest Housing
- Commuter and Off-Campus Services
- Alcohol, Tobacco, and Other Drugs
- Ask Rocky
- Campus Directory
- Campus Safety
- Center for Experiential Learning and Career Development
- UT Crisis Guide
- Distance and eLearning
- DSA Assessment
- First Year Experience
- Office of Academic Access
- Office of Excellence
- Office of New Student Orientation Programs
- Office for the Student Experience
- Online Student Planner
- Outstanding Adviser Award
- Registration Dates/Info
- Student Handbook
- Student Code of Conduct
- Student Government
- Student Organization List
- Student Union
- Undergraduate Research
- University Police Dept.
- UT Dining and Hospitality
- Walk In Wednesday Advising
- Current resident housing applications for the 2014-15 academic year will be available online beginning October 30, 2013.
- Current residents can select to live in any of the residence halls, except Parks Tower, as this is a first-year only residence hall.
- Current residents must pay a $100 housing pre-payment (deposit) when applying for housing or their housing application will be canceled.
- The housing application and pre-payment fee are required when you complete the online housing application and are payable through the myUT Portal.
- Before logging in to myUT portal, please read the 2014-2015 Housing Contract.
- Please note that the online housing application is the only one that we offer. If you do not have access to a computer or need assistance with your application, please contact the staff in the Office of Residence Life, Ottawa House West – Room 1014; Tel: 419.530.2941.
THE APPLICATION PROCESS
- Access the housing application via the myUT portal.
- Click on "Application" tab on the top menu bar.
- Select the term (Academic Year 2014-2015).
- Refer to the "Application Menu" at the top of the application page for tasks necessary to complete the online housing application.
- You must pay a $100 housing pre-payment (deposit) during the online application process.
- Read the 2014-2015 Housing Contract and type your initials in order to sign and complete your housing application.
- If you wish to participate, select your preferences to be a part of a Specialized Living Community.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is myUT Housing?
myUT Housing is an online system that allows single, undergraduate students that have been admitted to The University of Toledo to complete an online housing application, make payments, search for and reserve a room, and search for and select a roommate.
How do I access myUT Housing?
myUT Housing is accessed through the myUT portal at http://myut.utoledo.edu. Log into your myUT portal using your UT username and password. If you need assistance with your username and password, log on to http://myut.utoledo.edu/myut/myut_loginhelp.html.
What if I want to cancel?
If you no longer wish to live on campus, you will need to notify the Office of Residence Life in writing via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 419.530.2942 by no later than 9 a.m. on the first day of classes to cancel his/her contract without being charged housing fees. Please note that cancellation fees may apply. Once the contract period begins, a resident must submit a contract release request form no less than 14 days prior to the end of the semester.
When will I receive my reservation time?
Students who apply by January 2014 will be given reservation timeslot to choose their room based on their completed application date. Students will be notified by e-mail with their room reservation time so they can participate in the Room Reservation Process. *Please note the Office of Residence Life will send all correspondence to the student’s assigned UT email account. Information on how to activate this account can be found at http://myut.utoledo.edu/myut/myut_loginhelp.html.
When does the room reservation process start?
Room selection begins for residents January 2014 and concludes in June 2014. If you do not reserve your room during these dates, you will be automatically assigned a room based on space availability.
How do I find a roommate?
Make sure you complete the Personal Preferences Profile when applying for housing. Beginning in January 2014, students will be able to search for a roommate. After that date, when you use the automatic roommate search, your profile answers will be compared to other applicants’ profiles and a list of students who match your profile will be generated. You will be able to contact potential roommates through myUT Housing. You can communicate with anyone using your “screen name” which hides your identity, and when you are ready you can reveal your name via e-mail. Or, you can request a specific person to be your roommate by simply submitting their Rocket ID Number. Remember, only students who have applied for housing can be requested as roommates.
Roommates can officially be selected once your reservation time begins. Applicants will be notified by e-mail with their room reservation date and time. After both parties have confirmed they wish to room together, the student with the earlier reservation time can choose a room and pull the confirmed roommate into that room/suite. Remember, even if you both have confirmed as roommates, you really aren’t roommates until both of you have reserved the same room.
What if I don’t choose a roommate?
Choosing your roommate is optional. You can reserve the space you are interested in without going through the roommate process. At any time you can view the profile of other students reserved in your room/suite. If you decide to change rooms, you will need to cancel the room reservation you have and make another one.
*Please note that no room changes will be made in the first two weeks of the semester, so please select your room and roommate carefully.
Are there any fees for applying for housing?
Yes, all current residents are required to make a payment of $100 housing pre-payment (deposit).
What is the cost of housing for next year?
Housing fees are billed in July for the fall semester. Please click here to view housing rates for the academic year.
Can I mail in my payment?
No. All payments must be received online via the myUT Portal. If you can not make payment online, contact the Office of Residence Life at 419.530.2941 or email@example.com.
Can my financial aid cover the housing pre-payment (deposit)?
No. In order to secure a housing assignment, we need the payment at the time of the application. If you are on a full-ride scholarship, a credit will be placed back onto your account prior to the start of the semester.
What should I do if I cannot make the payment now?
Unfortunately, we cannot hold applications for payment and if we do not receive the required housing fee at the time of application, your application will be canceled. Please apply once you have the required fee.
Do I have to be on a meal plan?
Yes! All students living in the residence halls are required to have a meal plan, except students who live in McComas Village. Check out the Meal Plan Office page for meal plan options.