- About the College
- Academic Programs
- Centers, Projects, & Grants
- Student Services
- Research Consultation Center
- UTeach Job Fair
- Give to your College
Licensure AND Master's Program (LAMP)
The Licensure and Master’s Program (LAMP) is for people who have a bachelors degree and want to become a licensed teacher. The programs enable a student to get both Ohio licensure and a master’s degree in education.
We offer a variety of programs at different grade levels:
- 1-Year Accelerated LAMP Program - Either Middle Childhood or Adolescent to Young Adult
- Early Childhood -- able to teach grades PreK- Grade 3
- Middle Childhood -- able to teach grades 4 - 9 in two subject areas (math, science, language arts, social studies)
- Adolescent to Young Adult -- able to teach grades 7 - 12 in one subject area (math, science, language arts, social studies)
- Special Education -- grades K-12
- Art -- Multi-age able to teach grades PK-12
- Music -- Multi-age able to teach grades PK-12
- Foreign Language Multi-age-- able to teach grades PK-12 Foreign Language
To learn more, please click on the link above to the program of your choice:
Some programs require very little undergraduate preparation while others require significant undergraduate coursework in a subject area. The courses you have taken as an undergraduate will determine how long it will take you to complete each of these programs.
The first step is to download the LAMP Application for Review of Coursework, which is found on each program page.Admission requirements:
Students must have an undergraduate GPA of 2.7 or higher
Additional measures may be used to determine admission to LAMP. These measures may include (but are not limited to) application, GRE, writing samples, interviews, and recommendation letters. In addition, students must be fully admitted to Graduate School. Students must consult with the appropriate advisor prior to applying.