Office of the Registrar

Ohio In-State Residency: E2

If you are, or are dependent upon, an Ohio resident on active military duty...

OBR rules state, "A person who enters and currently remains upon active duty status in the United States military service while a resident of Ohio for all other legal purposes and his or her dependents shall be considered residents of Ohio for these purposes as long as Ohio remains the state of such person’s domicile."

Documentation required: 

  • If the student is the spouse of the service member who is an Ohio resident, a copy of the marriage certificate
  • If the student is dependent upon a parent or legal guardian who is an Ohio resident service member, a copy of the first and signature pages of their federal and Ohio income tax returns proving the student was claimed as a dependent in the most recent tax year
  • Verification of Ohio as Home of Record (examples include enlistment papers, or a letter from the base personnel officer verifying HOR)
  • A copy of Ohio income taxes that have been paid 12 months prior to enrollment or copy of Leave and Earning Statement proving Ohio taxes being withheld from military pay

Ohio GI Promise

Information on the Ohio GI Promise is available on the Ohio Board of Regents web site at or by calling 1-877-VETS-OH-1 (1-877-838-7641).

Information on the Federal GI Bill can be found online at or by calling 1-888-GIBILL-1 (1-888-442-4551).

Information regarding veteran benefits is available from the Military Service Center.

Last Updated: 10/27/20