TRIO Student Support Services FormsClick here, if you recently received an email from TRIO Student Support Services.
Applying to the TRIO SSS program is very simple. You may e-mail the forms to us with a scanned signature or print and forward the forms with your original signature. If you need assistance in answering any of the questions, please contact our office.
Applications are available in our office located at 0300 Carlson Library, online or by mail.
We have two versions of the application for your convenience. You will need Adobe to open the application.
Student Support Services Simple Application Fill-In Form (151k)
1. Completing the application (12 minutes)
2. Saving the application (2 minutes)
3. Completing the Income Statement (3 minutes)
There is currently no MS Word version of the application.
For all versions of the application, signatures are required.
You can complete the Simple Application in a few minutes and schedule an appointment in our office. It is the first step in the Application Process. Be sure to sign all forms and send them to the TRIO office or bring them to your Intake Meeting. Once the Simple Application has been received, you will complete an Intake to assess your academic needs and goals for the year. Acceptance letters are generally sent after the Intake meeting.
Where to Send Your Application
- Complete the application in ink. Sign and date the application. Attach all required documentation.
- Submit the application with all income information to the TRIO SSS office in 0300 Carlson Library.
- Or you can mail it to Robin Stone, TRIO Student Support Services, 0300 Carlson Library, Mail Stop 523, Toledo, OH, 43606-3390.
- Or fax your completed application to 419.530.3841 to our secure fax.
Please, be aware that some email are incorrectly labeled as junkmail or spam. Contact the TRIO SSS office in a separate email or by telephone to verify receipt of the information.
- If the university classifies you as an independent student, a copy of your own most recent federal tax form is acceptable.
- If you or your parents did not file a federal tax return, complete the Simple Application with the requested information. This will act as your statement of income.
TRIO cannot process an incomplete application, and you will not be eligible for services until this application is completed. The information you provide on the application form will be held in compliance with federal laws.
- mentoring and tutoring in college courses and study skills
- strategic academic advising, life coaching, and counseling
- career planning assistance
- cultural and leadership activities
- assistance and guidance for admission to graduate and professional programs
- budgeting, credit management and financial planning information
- information and assistance with obtaining federal student financial aid
- professional and student mentors
Contact our office for an Intake Interview. The average processing time once all materials have been received is one week. If you are applying to the TRIO SSS program from home, or if you cannot schedule an Intake appointment right away, you can complete the Intake Packet. You can request that the Intake form be emailed to you while your application is being reviewed or obtain a printed copy from the TRIO SSS office.
Academic Service Request
To request academic services, complete the request form. The Academic Services Request
form can be used to identify your tutoring and other academic support needs. This
form is reserved for current students. New students should first apply to the program
and complete an academic needs assessment prior to requesting academic services.