Office of Residence Life

Spring 2014 Application Process

The housing application for the spring semester 2014 will be available online beginning December 2, 2013.

  1. If you are attending UT for the first time, you must be officially admitted to the university in order to submit a housing application. Upon admittance, create your UTAD account on the myUT Portal. You will use your new UTAD to apply for housing and select your housing preferences.
  2. Apply for housing early! Students will receive their assignment based on payment received date. 
  3. A $240 housing payment ($40 non-refundable application fee and $200 housing pre-payment (deposit)) is required at the time of application. You will not be able to complete the housing application without payment.
  4. Before logging in to myUT Portal to fill out your application, please review the 2013-2014 Housing Contract.
  5. Please note that the online housing application is the only one that we offer. If you do not have access to a computer or need assistance with your application, please contact the Office of Residence Life at 419.530.2941.


  1. Read the 2013-2014 Housing Contract
  2. Access the housing application via the myUT portal by selecting "Apply for Housing" under the Student tab.
  3. Complete the necessary payment steps for the $200 housing pre-payment (deposit) and $40 application fee.
  4. Click the "here" hyperlink to log into the myUT Housing application.
  5. Click on "Application" tab on the top menu bar
  6. Select the term (Spring 2014)
  7. Refer to the "Application Menu" on the top of the application page for tasks necessary to complete the online housing application
  8. Be sure to type your initials on the Contract Signature page in order to sign and complete your housing application.
  9. Log back into the Housing Portal beginning December 15, 2013 to review your housing assignment.
  10. If you would like to request a specific roommate, you and your preferred roommate must do so in writing. Please submit your name and Rocket ID numbers to via your Rocket email account.



What is myUT Housing?
myUT Housing is an online system that allows single, undergraduate students that have been admitted to The University of Toledo to complete an online housing application.

How do I access myUT Housing?
myUT Housing is accessed through the myUT portal at Log into your myUT portal using your UT username and password.  Complete the necessary payment steps for both the $200 housing pre-payment (deposit) and $40 application fee.  Click the "here" hyperlink to log into the myUT Housing application.  If you need assistance with your username and password, log on to

What if I want to cancel?
If you no longer wish to live on campus, you will need to notify the Office of Residence Life in writing via your Rocket email to or fax to 419.530.2942 by no later than 9 a.m. on the first day of classes to cancel his/her contract without being charged housing fees. Please note that cancellation fees may apply. Once the contract period begins, a resident must submit a contract release request form no less than 14 days prior to the end of the semester.

How do I know my application is complete?
You can check your application status on the top of myUT housing. You must pay a $200 pre-payment (deposit) and $40 non-refundable application fee at the time of application in order to access the application. You will be able to pay online via e-check and major credit card. If you can not make payment online, please contact the Office of Residence Life, 419.530.2941 or


Are there any fees for applying for housing?
Yes. All new students are required to make a payment of $240 ($40 non-refundable application fee and $200 housing pre-payment (deposit)).

What is the cost of housing?
Please click here to view housing rates for the 2013-14 academic year.

Can I mail in my payment?
No. All payments must be received online via the myUT Portal. If you can not make payment online, contact the Office of Residence Life at 419.530.2941 or

Can my financial aid cover the housing application and pre-payment (deposit) fee?
No. In order to secure a housing assignment, we need the payment at the time of the application. If you are on a full-ride scholarship or can not make payment online, contact the Office of Residence Life at 419.530.2941 or

What should I do if I cannot make the payment now?
Unfortunately, we cannot hold applications for payment and if we do not receive the required housing fees at the time of application, your application will be canceled. Please apply once you have the required fees.


Do I have to be on a meal plan?
Yes! All students living in the residence halls are required to have a meal plan, except students who live in McComas Village. Check out the Meal Plan page for meal plan options.

Last Updated: 6/5/18