Adult and Transfer Admission

Congrats! You are now officially a Rocket. Here are your next steps.

Set up your myUT account

  • Visit and enter your Rocket ID number. Your ID is on your acceptance letter. Activation of your myUT account is critical to all your next steps. This is our main communication channel with you. Check your account and email often.
  • After activating your account, log in with your password and username. Here you will find your student email and other essential information.
  • Click on the "new student" tab and you'll find other important information and next steps, including how to pay your bill and submit a housing application if you plan to live on campus.
  • Click on the "student" tab and you can access your degree audit. This is your official evaluation of your credits that transferred to UToledo. It is available only after you have been admitted.
    Log in to myUT → Student Tab → My Toolkit → My Records → Run Degree Audit - Step by Step Instructions

Complete your FAFSA

You must submit the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) if you want to receive federal financial aid.

If you already have a FAFSA on file for the academic year, you need to add UToledo's code — 003131.
Log in to FAFSA → "Make FAFSA Corrections" → "School Selection" page → add UToledo code

Step-by-step guide to the FAFSA

Complete orientation

Orientation is required for all new students. You can elect to do it on campus or online. Register on myUT.
Log in to myUT → New Student Tab → Immediate Next Steps → Register for Orientation

Take placement tests if necessary for your degree program.
Log in to myUT → New Student Tab → Immediate Next Steps → Complete Placement Test

Register for classes

After you complete orientation, you may meet with your academic advisor and register for classes.

College Academic Advising Contacts

College of Arts and Letters
University Hall Room 3000

John B. and Lillian E. Neff College of Business and Innovation
Savage Business Complex 3130

College of Engineering
Nitschke Hall Room 1045

College of Health and Human Services

Judith Herb College of Education
Gillham Hall Room 3100

College of Natural Sciences and Mathematics
Wolfe Hall, Room 2246

College of Nursing
University Hall Room 2110

College of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences
Wolfe Hall Room 1227

University College
Rocket Hall Room 1300

Send final transcripts

If you are currently finishing a term at another school, be sure to request that your final official transcripts be sent to UToledo. We need these transcripts so that your academic advisor has an accurate credit evaluation before you register for classes.

What is reverse transfer?

Earn two degrees! If you completed more than one-fourth of an associate degree at another school and you wish to earn your associate degree, consider "reverse transfer" of your UToledo credits to your prior institution. Discuss the reverse transfer process with your UToledo admission counselor and your prior school's academic advisor.

Next steps: Making connections

↑ Back to Top

Have Questions?

Contact our UToledo Adult and Transfer Team.

Call 419.530.8888 or 800.586.5336
(ask for the Adult and Transfer Admission office)
Visit 1100 Rocket Hall
Find Your Admission Counselor
Last Updated: 12/19/23