- Department Introduction
- Research Facilities
- Graduate Program
- Undergraduate Program
- Project Seed
- Seminars and Colloquia
- Alumni News
- School of Green Chemistry & Engineering
- Donating to Chemistry at UT
- UT Dept. of Safety and Risk Management
- Jobs in Chemistry
- Register Your CV/Resume
- NIST Standard Reference Database
- Links for Chemists
- American Chemical Society
Room: BO 2022
Mail Stop: 602
The following awards are offered to undergraduate students who demonstrate outstanding achievement in certain fields in chemistry. Students are nominated by their instructors. Awards are presented each Spring during a reception in honor of the recipients.
Alfred F. Foster Chemistry for the Health Sciences Award
- Two equivalent awards will be made each year, one for the best student in the fall class for Chemistry for the Health Sciences, and one for the best student in the spring class of Chemistry for the Health Sciences. Each of the award recipients will receive a $125 check and a copy of the Encyclopedia and Dictionary of Medicine for Nursing.
American Institute of Chemists Foundation Award
- One-year student-associate membership in the American Institute of Chemists to the outstanding graduating senior.
Analytical Chemistry Award
- Asubscription to Analytical Chemistry and a membership in the Division of Analytical Chemistry, ACS, for outstanding performance in Analytical Chemistry.
Arthur H. Black Prize in Analytical Chemistry
- Amonetary award and a subscription to Analytical Chemistry to a Chemistry major with outstanding ablility to Analytical Chemistry.
- The outstanding student in Biochemistry recieves a copy of The Physician's Desk Reference.
CRC Press Freshman Chemistry Acheivement Award
- The winner of this award recieves a copy of the Chemical Rubber Company's Handbook of Chemistry and Physics and an award scroll.
Organic Chemistry Award
- Acopy of The Merck Index to the outstanding student in Organic Chemistry.
Inorganic Chemistry Award
- Acopy of Advanced Inorganic Chemistry, 6th Edition is given to the outstanding student in Inorganic Chemistry.
Physical Chemistry Award
- Acopy of The Chemist's Companion for the outstanding performance in Physical Chemistry.
Physical Chemistry for the Biosciences Award
- Acopy of the Physician's Desk Reference for the outstanding performance in Physical Chemistry for the biosciences.