Congratulations on your acceptance to The University of Toledo!
We are very excited that you have chosen to pursue your education at UT. Our goal is to ensure that you have the necessary tools and information to successfully transition to UT. The first step towards success begins with orientation!
As an admitted transfer student, you have the option of completing orientation online (100% online) or attending a Rocket Transition orientation program on campus. Rocket Transition is a one-day mandatory orientation program for transfer students and their families. During the program, you will have the opportunity to pick up your student ID (Rocket Card), meet with your academic adviser, register for courses, and learn about the many educational opportunities that UT offers both inside and outside of the classroom.
Make sure you carefully read all the information on this website, which will guide
you through the orientation registration process. You are not finished with the process
until you have completed the following steps:
1. Activate your UTAD account.
2. Enter the myUT Portal and click on "Orientation" in the blue bar of the New Student Tab. Next, click on the post-it note icon to enter the orientation reservation system.
3. You will have two options to complete the orientation requirement in the reservation
system: complete orientation online (100% online) or select and register for a Rocket Transition program date to attend on UT Main Campus.
4. Call your college to determine required placement testing. Complete all required placement tests prior to attending Rocket Transition or meeting with an academic adviser.
5. If completing orientation online, you will need to schedule an advising appointment with your admitted college at UT to register for classes. If attending orientation in-person, you will be advised and register for classes at the program.
6. Submit your photo online in order to obtain your Student ID (Rocket Card). If attending orientation in person (Rocket Transition), you will be able to pick up your Student ID at the program. If completing orientation online, you will need to pick up your Student ID from the ID Office (Student Union, Rm 1550).
7. Review several Treasurer Office forms (FERPA Consent, Title IV Consent, Direct Deposit Authorization, Transfer Excess Financial Aid to the Rocket Card) located on the New Student Tab in the myUT Portal.
On behalf of The University of Toledo campus community, we welcome you and look forward
to meeting you at Rocket Transition. Please feel free to call the Office of New Student
Orientation Programs at 419.530.1267 or toll-free at 877.752.0005 if you have any
Office of New Student Orientation Programs