Adult and Transfer Admission

Transfer Student Admission Requirements

  • Each academic college has its own GPA and/or credit hour requirements for their programs. If you don't meet these requirements, you will be admitted into the Exploratory Studies program in University College.

    To learn more about your college and program admission requirements, contact a transfer admission counselor or review the undergraduate academic catalog (click on your college and then Admission Policies).

  • Transfer students with below a 2.0 cumulative transfer GPA and/or those not meeting individual program requirements will be admitted into the Exploratory Studies program in University College.

are you ready to Apply?

Our step-by-step guide lays out everything you need to do to apply to UToledo.

How to Apply

  • Official college transcripts
    To process your UToledo application, we need official transcripts from every college you've attended or started.


    Are you a current student? Go to your college or university portal to request a transcript.

    Are you no longer a student at the school? Contact the registrar/records office or visit its website. Most schools have an online transcript request process.

    There is usually a fee to have your official transcript sent to another institution.

    When requesting a transcript, direct the institution to email it to or mail transcripts to:
    The University of Toledo
    Office of Undergraduate Admission
    Mail Stop 300
    2801 West Bancroft Street
    Toledo, OH 43606

    TRANSFER TIP: You also will need to include an official high school transcript or official GED diploma and scores if you plan to apply for financial aid and haven't earned an associate degree or completed 60 college-level credits.

  • Suspension/Dismissal Policy
    If you were suspended or dismissed from another institution, you will be required to provide additional documentation to UToledo. We honor academic suspensions from other schools up to one year. You will not be eligible to attend classes at UToledo until that year of academic suspension has completed. Students suspended or dismissed for disciplinary reasons will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.

  • Placement tests
    You may be required to take placement tests, depending on your major and ACT/SAT score. The tests will assist us in placing you in the correct course level.

  • High School Transcripts
    All students (excluding GED holders) must request an official high school transcript, complete with a graduation date.

    An official transcript is one that has been received directly from the issuing institution. It should bear the school’s seal, recent date, and an authorized signature. Under unusual circumstances, exceptions may be made at the discretion of a professional staff member.

    Transcripts should be sent to:
    The University of Toledo
    Office of Undergraduate Admission
    Mail Stop 300
    2801 West Bancroft Street
    Toledo, OH 43606


  • GED Holder Requirements
    You must request an official copy of your GED (General Education Development) diploma and scores. You can obtain a copy of your GED from the Department of Education in the state where you took the GED test.

National Student Clearinghouse Checks

The University of Toledo completes a National Student Clearinghouse (NSC) check on all transfer and adult students. The check allows us to see all previous institutions you have attended. In order to process your application, we require official transcripts from any schools listed on the NSC check. You will be notified of any additional documents needed.

Priority Application Deadlines

UToledo applications received by the priority application deadline receive priority consideration for merit scholarships. We will still accept applications beyond these deadlines. But it's in your best interest to apply well before your admission term deadline.

Spring admission: Dec. 1

Summer admission: April 1
(Registration for summer courses opens to all students in early February. The earlier you apply and are admitted, the earlier you can complete orientation and meet with an academic advisor for optimal course selections.)

Fall admission: June 1

Have Questions?

Contact our UToledo Adult and Transfer Team.

Call 419.530.8888 or 800.586.5336
(ask for the Adult and Transfer Admission office)
Visit 1100 Rocket Hall
Find Your Admission Counselor
Last Updated: 4/10/23